{|}Chapter 1{|}

3rd person

It now has been almost a month after what had happened in the woods with Chris and the thing that was chasing him.

He still feared going into the woods as he felt like he was going to be that things next meal. Christopher was resting on his couch looking around his house. The outside of his house was a faded navy blue, the door was made of oak wood, the windows were crystal clear, there is a second story with windows that are dusty and cracked.

The inside of the house had paint cracking in some areas, a fire place with a mantel that held some of his belongings, a large kitchen with an island in the middle of it, a couch that made an L shape in the living room, on the hand carved wooden table sat a TV, there was a guest bedroom that was sometimes used when a friend of Chris's would come over once and awhile he always made sure to keep his and the guest room clean, down the hall was Christopher's bedroom.

Christopher's room consisted of a queen sized bed with blue and white sheets and pillows, a drawing table that had drawings and the tools used to create them scattered on it, a separate bathroom that was close to his bed the inside of the bathroom had the colors black and red and the same necessities everyone needed, there in the bedroom also sat a book shelf filled with his favorite books and old books also, there was also a TV at the foot of his bed that sat on a table Chris crafted, there are two nightstands on either side of his bed.

The second floor of the house had cobwebs ranging from small and giant, mice had made the second floor their home as they couldn't leave if they tried, the second floor used to be where people stayed when they came over but after a accident the second floor was shut off to guests and himself, some of the windows on that floor were boarded up no one knows why they got boarded up only he knows why.

Chris sighed heavily and decided to turn on the TV to see if anything happened. He turned to the news channel and more disappearances had occurred.

"Four people have gone missing. A five year old boy and his fifteen year old brother their names are Ashton and Lucas. The other two disappearances are a thirty-three old mother and her four year old daughter. They all went missing in a forty-eight hour time span. Police have found the body of Poppy Louis. She was found in the woods."

Chris turned the TV off with chills running down his spine.

Chris's Pov

"What is killing people?" I asked my self running my hand through my hair confused and terrified. I didn't want to find out what was killing innocent people but at the same time I wanted answers.

I looked at the time on my phone, "12:06 p.m." I said to myself. I stood up from the couch and stretched as I needed to get food from the store.

I walked away from the couch and to where I hung my coats and car keys. I grabbed my coat and slipped it over my shoulders while grabbing my keys,turning to the door then opening it after grabbing the knob.

I stepped out to the cold and crisp air of the season of the changing leaves, the air was rustling through the leaves as if it was the trees hair.

I walked onto my deck then turned to my door closing and locking it then I turned back around then started toward the stairs and went down them and started to my car.

When I made it to my car I grabbed my keys and unlocked my car and opened it then stepped inside it. I closed the door and started my car and backed out of my driveway then drove towards town.

Eryx's Pov

I watched from the tree line as the human I was watching drove off. I huffed and started to walk back to my cave dragging the body of a full grown bear I had killed.