2

*This suggestion came from @_Soggy__Cereal_ —- thank you so much!! (P.S. I took some creative liberties on it)*

TW!!: this chapter includes the topic of homophobia

KEY:
Y/n = your name
Y/s = your sexuality

~~~~~

Y/n sat down with his new friends at lunch time, "Hey, guys!"
They waved at him as he sat down, "Hey, y/n! How's your first day been?" Isaac asked. Charlie, Nick, and Tao were also at the table, picking and eating their lunches.
"Oh, it's been fine. I've been getting to my classes and, sadly," - he sighed dramatically - "been getting homework too. I'm so glad I have a study hall next! - or, what ever you guys call those things, heh."
Charlie laughed, "I'm sorry, school is just like that. Well, I hope you can make a dent in your work," he smiled.
Y/n nodded vigorously, "Yeah, for real, thanks."
After finishing his lunch, y/n quickly threw it out and made it to his study hall early. He shared this period with Nick, who hadn't arrived yet, saying that he didn't have a very busy morning. Y/n figured that he just wanted to hang out with Charlie more.
        The period came and went, and y/n was definitely able to take out a lot of his work. When it came to getting work done, y/n understood that he needed to focus and be diligent. But what happened in the morning confused him. From what his friends were saying at lunch, Harry was supposed to be a total homophobic dickhead. Y/n just couldn't see what they meant.
       Y/n tried to get that thought out of his head when making his way to computing class. He was so distracted that he almost ran into someone on his way in.
"Oh- sorry," y/n looked up. It was Harry.
Harry laughed, "it's fine, Shorty. I didn't know that we have computing class together?"
"Me neither," y/n admitted. The two strolled in, picking seats that were next to each other. Harry had said that there weren't assigned seats in this class.
They were learning algorithms and data structures today, and y/n was getting bored out of his mind. He glanced over at Harry, who seemed to sense it and glanced back, smirking. Y/n could only imagine Harry was thinking of one thing: video games.
Harry pulled up some game - that y/n had never heard of before - that wasn't blocked. Y/n quickly typed it into his search bar and joined the game.
For almost the whole class, the two boys were snickering and playing dumb games together. At one point, y/n discovered a version of Among Us that wasn't blocked by the school.
Harry was definitely sus in the first round.
Near the end of the period, the teacher was walking around between the tables. Neither y/n nor Harry were paying attention, because they both got tapped on the shoulder. They turned around to see the glaring eyes of an angry teacher.
He cleared his throat, "What do you two think you're doing?"
When they didn't answer, the teacher continued, "Playing games in my class? How disrespectful! Detention, both of you. You may leave at 5:00."
Harry shot y/n an amused but tired glance. He clearly thought it was funny, but he seemed to be worrying about something.
        Y/n couldn't imagine how his own parents would react. Detention on his first day! It had to be a world record of some sort.
        The rest of the day passed by quickly, and, soon enough, y/n was trudging through the detention room door. Harry was already there and he looked up when the door clicked behind y/n. They were the only two with detention this fine evening.
        The teacher observing the detention room saw them make eye contact, "Oh no, don't even think about it. I was told that you two were being disruptive today. Sit over there," he pointed at a one-person desk in the corner of the room. Y/n sighed, now he wouldn't have anything fun to do in detention.
        The call home to his parents was humorous. Y/n's mother picked up the phone, and literally just laughed when y/n broke the news. But y/n knew that she wouldn't want it happening again.
        Y/n paused in his work when the teacher left the room to get some printed papers and coffee. Harry immediately snapped his head over to y/n when the door shut, "He won't be back for at least 15-20 minutes. The printer is half way across the school, and the brewer is as far away from that as it could be. Come over here, I'm bored as hell."
        Y/n obeyed, his brain also screaming for something interesting to do.
        The two talked about random things for about 2-3 minutes when y/n decided that he should probably ask about this homophobia thing.
        "So, uh, Harry," he started.
        "What's up?"
        "I was talking to my friends and they said that you really aren't all that kind to them..."
        Harry raised an eyebrow, "Who are your friends?"
        Y/n's breathing began to get quicker. He hoped Harry wasn't as bad as his friends made him out to be, "Charlie, Nick, Tao, Isaac, Darcy, Tara, and Elle," he listed.
        Harry's eyes widened and his chest began to rise and fall at the same pace as y/n's, "U-uhm..." he looked away from y/n, playing with the strings on his jacket. "Y/n... If, if I'm honest, I know that I've been really, really shitty to them... but, uh, to be fair, my parents raised me to be homophobic... Not that it's makes what I did right! I feel really bad. I realize now that I shouldn't have ever said those things to Charlie, and I should've never been all mean to Nick and Tao... I just... I don't know, y/n... Everyone expects me to be that homophobic popular guy, but I don't want that! Really, I don't! I don't like being seen as judge mental and mean... I don't like being seen as a copy of my parents..." The last line came out quieter that the rest, and y/n placed a comforting hand on Harry's shoulder.
        "I'm sorry, Harry. I should've guessed that your parents were like that... Uhm, but I think it would be best if you apologized to my friends. A serious apology - don't let your pride control you," y/n advised. When Harry turned to look back at y/n, he made immediate eye contact. Y/n could feel his face getting warm again, and tried to brush it off. Harry's sad brown eyes left a pang in y/n's heart. The shorter silently pulled Harry into a hug, whispering a quiet reassurance, "You aren't your parents, Harry. And you don't have to be like them."
        Y/n could feel Harry's grip tighten and his head bury into y/n's neck, "Thank you."
        When they finally broke the hug, y/n figured he should probably come out to Harry, "Oh, uh, by the way I'm y/s," he smiled awkwardly.
        Harry's eyes widened and then softened, "I probably should've guessed that, heh."
        Y/n laughed, "See? You're already proving to be different from your parents!"
        Harry smiled at him.
        Y/n had a feeling that maybe he could make things right between his friends and Harry. He certainly hoped he could.

~~~~~~
2 done!!!

I'm so excited for this and I hope you guys are too!!!!

Punctuation/grammar/spelling help accepted and appreciated :)

Feel free to give suggestions and ideas ->

Stay perfect everyone <3