𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

Violet couldn't count how many people were under her employment, well her sons that he hired for her, but she was tired of having others run around ensuring its cleanliness but she settled after a few arguments.

She had been passive about the whole thing, Anthony had ensured her of their usefulness especially now she was older, she took offence but rather believed it to be true aswell and that pained her. So now she had taken extra unneeded jobs around her family home, which involved redusting old paintings, reorganising cutlery by certain orders and sitting in on her younger children's lessons of foreign languages. She busied herself so often that, today, she hadn't realised one of her sons had snuck in and she hadn't registered that he was upset.

The dooming noise of a harsh knock echoed throughout the home and bought Violet out of her trance. She dismissed one of her servants before flying out into the hallway, she pulled out the doorknob and the door generously swung open, almost hitting into the wall to the left but thankfully Violet's hand caught it before that could happen.

When she had gotten up to attend to the door, she was expecting something a lot different to be waiting for her but a woman stood in front of her. She had blonde hair, and wore an annoyed expression but the most obvious thing that could be stated about the woman was her bulging stomach. Violet watched carefully as the other woman pinched and tugged at the wedding ring that twisted around her finger.

"I don't think I know you?" Violet then spoke, the silence between the two had grown tiring and Violet doubted if the other had even realised the door had been opened. And the surprise noise she made at someone speaking made that ever more obvious.

"Oh, ledsen (sorry), I mean sorry! I was wondering if one of your sons was home?" The other woman asked, her nervousness clearly dissolved as she found more inner confidence and Violet smiled reassuringly at her.

"And which one would you need?" Violet asked, careful not to insinuate anything that the other could take offence at.

"Oh uhm, Benedict!" Before loudly announcing Violet's sons name the other clearly looked confused as if she had forgotten the name which seems odd for someone needing a talk with him.

"Would you like to come in perhaps?" Violet inquires, she moves to the right side of the door allowing the other full access to the home, she eyes it cautiously and takes slow steps before stepping through the threshold completely.

Violet shuts the door quickly after the woman walks through completely, she shuts it whilst twisting the doorknob before aiming her attention back to the other.

"Sorry, I don't think I caught a name? After you tell me you're free to go and find my son," Violet states, she has a smile all over her face but she is silently questioning her, what woman shows up to a house full of brothers whilst with child if not to be a bearer of bad news.

"Oh, I'm Viktoria!" The woman exclaims, her words are slow but she tries to mask them for steady but she also seems to be hiding an accent and it just makes Violet's curiosity, "And why are you here again?"

"For Benedict, it's a personal matter you see. Now where is he?" Viktoria asks, her tone is kept sweet but to the point, she isn't looking for an argument but anymore questions and she might be having one.

Violet shakes her head as an apology, "Of course, of course, he might be in the painting room, so third door to the left after you go up the stairs and if he isn't there then I apologise sincerely because he may still be out with his sweetheart for I haven't heard him come in."