𖣘 2 - Five Becomes Three 𖣘

TW: violence, bow and arrow, blood, death

3rd Person POV
(The morning after last ch.)

The boy woke up and panicked before remembering the events of last night. All of the wolfs were awake besides one that was laying awake in his arms. Unlike the other pup that was grey, this one was black with white swirled into it. He was very pretty.

"I'll name you...Boo!" The boy said. The pup licked his face. "And I'll name you Friend!" He pointed to the other grey pup. "I'm Tommy!"

3 years later (Tommy is 8)

By now, Tommy had learned to hunt. And he was very good at it. He lived a nice peaceful life with Boo, Friend, and his new mum and dad. But today was the day that the 5, would become 3.

Tommy was out with his family. His dad, Friend, and he always were the ones to hunt. Boo and his mum never did because one, although Boo was a male, he was really little and unable to hunt, and two, they just didn't let mum hunt.

We stumbled across a bear. Friend tried attacking and it sadly didn't end very well. Dad and Friend got into a massive 'bear vs. wolf' fight. Tommy shot the bear in the neck with his bow, but it was far too late. Friend was dead. And his father wolf was too mangled to recover. He died within minutes.

The bear was alive, but bleeding out fast from the arrow.

The remaining three ran back to the den to grieve.

After a few hours once Tommy thought it was safe, he went back and buried the two.

Words: 278