I

"Lina Lina!" Emma yelled running into our room

"What what?" I yelled back giving her the same energy except mine was fake.

"I found him!" She exclaimed happily holding a paper.

At that my smile dropped. 'Him' is our so called father. Emma has been so determined to find him and meet him but mom doesn't like that idea. 

We actually don't know where she is. She's been gone for about two years without telling us anything but only leaving a stupid note.

Dear, Emmaline & Angelina 

I'm going to be gone, maybe two days, maybe two months, or maybe two years. I don't know yet. Feed Carrot every day and take care of him. Eat healthy and buy groceries, use my card. Don't forget if your in an emergency look in the black box in my closet.

Mom

Emma and I are actually happy she's gone. She's a good mom just not the best mom. Sure she does our laundry, cooks for us, cleans the house, sometimes drives us to school but she doesn't really love us

"But mom won't approve of this," I shot back worried. When mom gets back she'll get us in trouble and I really don't want to deal with her when she's mad.

"I don't care! She can be gone for ever and I won't care. I have you." She smiled softly completely  ignoring my words.

"I know it's just why do you look for him when I tell you not to?" I asked kinda mad she went behind my back and did this.

"It's not like your the boss, who made you in charge?" She shot back with her usually attitude.

"Well I'm older." I stated crossing my arms. "Who said that! Who?" She chuckled making me huff in annoyance.

I hate it how we don't even know who's older, mom never told us and when we ask she just says she can't remember.

 "Whatever just tell me what you found." I gave in sitting down on my bed as she sat down next to me.

"In the attic I found pictures of mom and this man, he lookes a lot like us. He even has your hair!" She beamed pointing at his hair in the picture.

The picture was of a brunette haired man in a suit hugging mom who looked in her late twenties, mom had a smile on her face but it was different from now, she looked...happy.

"Is there more like this?" I asked still staring at the picture. "Yea there's a whole box of them in the attic, come on." We both got up and made out way to the hallway.

The stairs where still pulled out, "Careful, there's lots of dust and there's no light only a flash light." Emma warned as she went up the stairs.

"I don't think I've been up here." I said peaking my head in seeing Emma sitting on the floor in front  of a big box.

"Look theres so much stuff, but some of its weird too." She scrunched her face in confusion holding a picture in a picture frame.

I sat next to her and glanced at it.

It was of what looked like a family but I notice Emma and I as babies being held by some little boys. 

Mom was there with happy smile and that same brunette man in the other picture. But there was also six little boys. The boy that looked the oldest was holding Emma and another was holding me. 

Emma and I were probably new born. The only reason I can tell the difference between us is the hair. I'm a brunette and she's a blonde. Which I was always confused about until now.

"Here look at this." She handed me two papers which was our birth certificate but it was different.

Under father was Mateo. And for our last names it said Berlusconi.

"What if that's are father?" I suggested making her roll my eyes. "Yea no shit Sherlock." She responded sarcastically but I ignored it wanting to find anything else.

"Oh pretty hoodie, mine now," Emma held up a pretty grey hoodie.

I found a diary and started looking through it.

Diary entry August 12

Today was the best, I went to Mateos house today and it was so big (that's what she sad) I'll never forget it. Maybe next time I'll meet his parents, wait let me write down the address la xx st xxx

"Bro I know where he lives!" I said excitedly throwing myself on Emma. "Woah relax. Whatcha mean?" I handed her the book. As she read it I watched for her reaction.

"O.M.G! Start packing! We're going to LA!" She yelled excitedly.

"Wait how we gonna get there?" I asked confused. "Plane silly," she chuckled looking for my reaction.

"Money?" I asked.

"I'm sure mom has some in her room or we can use her card, she won't care we bought so much things already." She shrugged looking more in the box.

"Fine but let's look more we need to find out who these boys are." I stated as we started looking in the box.

"A baby book!" She pulled a book out with a cover of us and six boys. 

I quickly opened it and saw so many pictures of us and those boys. Maybe they're our cousins?

But then I opened a page that said 'baby sister a big brother' showing me being held by what looked to be the eldest boy.

"A tape," I took my eyes off the picture and onto  my sister. "Don't touch it like that!" I yelled seeing her touch the black string.

I grabbed it and inspected it.

"We don't have a thing for this, it's to old but I'll keep it just in case." I said placing it to the side next to the book.

"I think that's it. Let's take the box though." Emma gestured to the box. I nodded and complied.

While putting everything back in the box I came across a gold necklace with a heart. I looked closely and the M.B, and it looked like I could open it. I finally found out how to open it, but it was just a picture of the six boys, Emma and I, the brunette man, and mom.

"I'm still confused." 

Lina said still not understanding my plan.

"What don't you get?" I asked nicely but inside I'm literally annoyed. "How will we get to the house? What will we say? And what do we do when we're done?" Okay didn't think about the last two but the first is easy.

"We'll Uber a car. Duh!" I exclaimed taking a bowl and a bag of chips out. "Ok but how do we even buy a plane ticket?" She asked bring a point up.

"We'll search it up." Wow I'm really smart! "I'll get my phone and you get yours, I'll buy it and you pull up a video!" I ran up the stairs to our room without letting her reply.

I quickly grabbed our phones that were charging and ran back to the kitchen.

"Do you have the card?" I asked Lina. "Yea," she replied eating my chips. I rolled my yes and sat down next to her.

"Okay this is gonna be hard." 

<3

"We did it!" I exclaimed hugging Lina with joy. "We're going to LA tomorrow!" She yelled hugging me back.

"Let's start packing!"