★ i don't get it? (ONESHOT)

THIS IS BASED ON THE DELETED SCENE IN "CLOUDS ON THE HORIZON" BECAUSE I CANT GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD I REALLY NEED TO SEE IT DANA PLEASE RELEASE IT JAHDKFJCKSJSKJA

if you don't know about it though, basically it happens before the lumity kiss when luz goes up the balcony to see amity. hunter tries to follow after but gus and willow stop him and he's confused as to why and i swear it must be so funny 😭😭

you can easily find it on twitter with a few key words probably!

————————————

you were with luz, king, gus, willow and hunter, outside of the blight manor. you knew amity was one of the big shots but holy titan her house was more impressive to see in person.

you'd just finished taking down the bodyguards they had in front of the building. fighting alongside your friends felt really badass and you were so proud of how far each of you have come in terms of magic. you nearly got hit a while ago but willow stopped the abomination from doing so, and hunter pulled you aside. you'd be lying if you said you didn't like it when he held you, even if it was quick. it felt safe.

luz used a plant glyph to get up to the balcony that lead to amity's room. she caught sight of her immediately, and once again it felt easier to breathe.

hunter stepped forward and was about to climb the plant following luz, but gus and willow stopped him. he was confused because he was just following luz, and she was your leader after all. you stood there watching them because titan knows (he's literally beside you) you'd get too flustered to actually help hunter.

" what are you guys doing? aren't we supposed to follow her? " hunter asked.

" um, yeah....we are. but not now! " willow tried to explain to him. it seemed that he didn't get the cue.

" but why? " he asked again. to which willow and gus replied " you'll understand when you're older. "

you chuckled, it was funny that hunter didn't instantly get the message that luz wasn't just here to see amity, but to see her girlfriend.

but as you did, hunter looked offended by what they said. " what? i don't get it i'm the oldest one here. " he retorted.
" what do you mean?! is she betraying us? is she going to replace me? do i have to be older than i am now!? "

" hunter relax! it's no big deal. " gus said, as king added " yeah no big deal. "

willow really didn't know how to explain to hunter that luz and amity were going to have a sweet tender moment and they did not need a third wheel. gus was trying his best to change the topic and stop them but failed because hunter was so eager to know why he couldn't go up.

until gus had an idea.

" hey y/n, maybe you can help us explain to hunter why he can't go follow luz? you DO have a way with words " he said, looking at you, intentionally emphasizing the last part.

willow instantly got the message and moved aside " yeah! maybe hunter will get it. you've known him for longer right? " she said as she gave you a wink.

titan if willow and gus weren't the sweetest, you'd punch the both of them right now. but then again, maybe they're doing you a favor? i mean if hunter was THIS lost, surely he'd never figure out that you have feelings for him.

you stand there blushing, unsure of what to do, as the three of them look at you. that of course includes hunter, and it seemed like he was waiting for your explanation.

inhaling deeply, you muster up the courage to finally speak. " look, hunter. luz and amity are dating. so they have a bond that's significantly more special than the one she has with the rest of us. luz is up there to visit amity and we don't want to invade uhh....whatever they have going on! "

hunter looks at you blinking, as willow and gus stand on the side looking relieved but holding in their laughs at the same time. " okay....i still don't get why my age has anything to do with this. " he says crossing his arms, as flapjack pulls on his little loose strand of hair. " OW! "

gus sighs and places his hand on hunter's shoulder. by the smirk on his face you could tell what he was going to say wasn't gonna be good. " like we said, you'll understand when you're older. "

willow burst out laughing while you were trying to contain your laughter. hunter practically pounced at gus and started making all these defensive statements. gus' witty remarks weren't helping at all and while hunter did look annoyed their bantering was the most hilarious thing you'd seen all day.

" Y/N HELP ME OUT! WHAT DO THEY MEAN!?! you're the only sane one here i'm assuming " hunter turned to look at you and you froze.

for some reason, there was one last thing you could think of to do, and you're not even certain if it would answer hunter's questions. apart from that, you don't know how the hell you'd be able to do it. but it was your last option because you already explained to him.

you took a step forward, now facing hunter. quickly, but cautiously, you placed a kiss on his cheek and now it was his time to freeze. wide-eyed and speechless, hunter was trying to process what happened, he'd forgotten what he and gus were arguing about in the first place. everyone else was also in shock, but not as much as hunter. he caressed the side of his cheek that you just kissed.

" things like that are going on. is that enough? or do you need further explanation? " you say, immediately regretting it because you don't know where this confidence came from.

hunter just looked at you, mind blank, but replying " further explanation would be nice.... " and upon realizing the implication, you both blushed HARD. was he expecting you to kiss him again?

willow and gus did a fist bump while watching you two.

" hey! i saw that! " you hear from above as all of you look to the balcony, and there you see luz and amity. perhaps they saw everything? or worse, they only saw the last part.

——

pls this would be so much cuter if i just knew how to write it better AHSHAHSHSH