The Demon's tag along

You shivered again more violently as the night's brisk wind ran up your back.

"Now what?" You asked. Your gaze scanned your surroundings with the question. Home was. By your guess, a good ways off, the demon had stamina, you'd give him that.

The heir stood dusting off his pants.

"Now," he muttered annoyedly. "I take you home."

Your gut wrenched and your jaw fell. Had he really forgotten about your deal so quickly?

"I can't go home he'll-"

"Not your home, you idiot! My home." The heir shouted correctively.

You blinked in shock and he sighed.

"Since I cannot leave your side more or less. You will have to stay with me at my court until I can be rid of you."

You stared up at him dumbfounded.

"And here I don't even know your name." Moving a little quickly aren't we?" You asked with a teasing smirk.

The heir's hair burst into flames.

"Don't get smart with me, peasant girl!"

"Oh why not?" You asked starting to get up. "You can't exactly hurt m-"

Suddenly, something rammed into your back with such force you were thrown to the ground. This knocked the air from your lungs, and in an instant you were pinned with your arms behind your back.

"Your ability might keep me from killing or even hurting you. It does not however, stop me from restraining you." The demon informed you with a smug tone. "I can simply gag you or knock the air from your lungs and suddenly your ability is rendered useless." His grip on you vanished then and he stood back allowing you to get up. "I wouldn't rely to heavily on your ability if I were you." He warned darkly before turning and stuffing his hands in his pockets. He stalked away his over coat billowing behind him.

You dusted yourself off and scampered to follow him.

"You still haven't answered my question."

His head shot up.

"Huh?"

"What's your name?" You questioned with a smile. "I'm y/n by the way."

The demon gave you a disgusted look then winced as blood dribbled down from his scar.

"I am Red son." He answered dismissively.

"Oh you're bleeding!" You exclaimed and dug into your backpack. "Let me clean that up for you."

"Don't concern yourself, peasant girl." Red son jeered. "I will have it handled properly once we arrive at the court."

"Come on please?" You begged hopefully. "I would feel awful if it got infected and I feel bad for getting you in this situation." You looked up at him as you pulled the first aid kit from your bag.

Red son paused at your look. He examined your face for a moment. Something seemed to click in his eyes but he turned away before you could figure out what. he blew out an agitated scoff.

"Fine. But hurry up."

You smiled brightly as he sat on a rock and you began cleaning his cheek. You used a clean rag from the first aid kit to dab some alcohol on his scar gently. You expected him to flinch or at very least growl, but he only sat glaring at you with his arms folded over his chest.

You examined his face subtly as you cleaned away the dirt. His eyes were sharp and focused on your hand, his eyebrows turned downward, and his lips pulled into a thin line.