[ || ✟ | c h a p t e r - 1 | ✟ || ]

As Fart leaned her head onto the glass she started to fidget with her thumbs as trees went past, her mother turned the rear view mirror at Fart, giving a slight smile.

" I hope you don't get too attached to this town, don't want you to be bawling your eyes out when you return home. " Her mother said, switching her attention between the road and her daughter.

Fart mumbled, " Like I wanna go home.. " Her eyebrows twitching in a little frustration.

" What was that? "

" Nothing-- " She sat up quickly, " Just-- agreeing with you, like always. "

Her mother smiled once more, " Good. "

The sudden ride was stopped, her mother quickly breaking, Fart flying forward from the immediate breaks and groaned a bit from the pain that came along.

" I hope you behave. "

Fart didn't really wanna say anything, since she wanted to get out of her mothers sight immediately, all she could do was nod and get out of that car. Once out, her mother sped off, leaving her daughter to her.. new life down at the town called Moralton. Once inside, she noticed that the first floor was a bakery that was built into the home, she surprisingly gotten a warm welcome by both her grandparents as they jumped from behind the cashier counter. Diana and Oscar quickly shown her around, including her room she'll be living at for now(?), leaving her to do whatever as they got back to work baking. Putting her bags down she sighed, pushing her hair back a bit as she took in everything.

Finally, a new start. Without her hellish mother and now with her heartwarming grandparents.

Relieved and ready to start imaging her room, she looked around, Grabbing things out of her bags and starting to place them around the rooms like hanging star lights from her walls, posters her mom despised, pillows and stuffed animals she loved collecting and a bunch of blankets. Standing up and admiring her room she thought a bit, what else could she do today? It was still sunny outside. Plus, her grandparents wouldn't probably mind if she just went out for a little.

After a little bit of deciding and slight convincing that didn't take long, she was able to go out and do something, maybe buy some skittles? Watch some birds? She didn't really know or cared, she just needed a walk around and get a better picture of this place and what even was the history behind this town and that weird church that sat in the middle. Once she left the bakery, agreeing to be back at a reasonable time, she put on her fluffy jacket and some earbuds and went off to venture. People of Moralton seemed to be a bit.. more friendly and talkative, but a bit depressing. As she continued to walk she seemed to have spot a strange person, seemed to be about her height, their head was slightly shaped like a box as they had little tiny blue wings pop out from their back as they fought a raccoon over their shoe.

After the person got their shoe back, they kicked their leg at the raccoon, scaring it off into a nearby alleyway, " EZZZ " The person yelled, putting on their shoe and fixing themselves.

Turning around, he looked up and saw Fart looking at her. They immediately recognized each others faces.

" Oofboi?? "

" f-f-f-f-f fart???? "

They both laughed, walking up to each other and did their old handshake. They became friends when Fart stayed at Moralton when she was a kid for a week, she found him in a nearby tree and helped him down since she was pretty experienced running and climbing down trees due to being chased by old neighborhood dogs.