Chapter 2: Vittoria

What the hell happened to my apartment?

The clean white marble walls are bare, no paintings, none of my book shelves, my electronics are gone, there is nothing on them.

But there is.

I walk through my dark, and smooth floors over to where my living room used to be. How unfortunate, I really liked my couch. Usually I would be knocking shit down because I can barely walk in a straight line, but there is quite literally nothing that my apartment houses.

The wall that my TV used to be pinned down on, now nurses a pink post-it. It's hard to realize that whoever did this brings a stack of tiny pink sheets of paper, everywhere they go. That snuffles a giggle out of me.

I snatch the pink paper off the wall and see handwriting that is actually quite neat. From what I can tell, it was written by a black pen.

The paper reads;

Francis might end up haunting you for not saving him.

My blood runs cold.

Francis. Fuck.

It didn't take me that long to get here after I saw him get brutally murdered, right? I pull out my phone out of my pocket and tap on the black screen to check the time. It's 11:39 PM.

I left the underground ring at 9:40.

So many questions and assumptions are running rapidly through my head, but even then I can't comprehend a single one. My brain is spinning because of a specific question, what does that man even want with me?
—————

I woke up after the worst slumber in my whole life, which has always been shitty.

Shortly after I figured I was being watched in my apartment, I texted my best friend Alaina on a burner phone. She came to pick me up after about half an hour of me holding a blade to my chest in case an intruder came into my house.

I almost stabbed her when she walked in.

"Oh my god, Vitt! Wake the fuck up, what are you doing still in bed?" A pillow slams onto my head, earning a grunt from me.

"Why are you yelling? For fucks sake," I mumble, drool trailing down from my lips to the cotton white pillow. "What time even is it?"

"It's two PM, dumbass."

"It's too early for this Al," I groan. "I'm going back to sleep."

"No you aren't," she pulls the white covers off me and starts dragging my feet. "We are going to brunch, or lunch, or whatever the hell you want to call it."

"Okay, okay, okay, let go of my fucking feet and give me thirty minutes to get ready." I start kicking my feet like a three year old having a tantrum.

"If you aren't ready in twenty, I'm calling your mother," she says as she walks out of the bedroom.

I know Alaina is serious when she threatens me with my own birth giver. I've known my best friend since Kindergarten, we've been practically inseparable. We're the same age, twenty two; same brunette hair, same gray eyes, same plump pink lips. Alaina and I look as if we are sisters.

My mom on the other hand, is a very sensitive topic for me. Al knows that, so if she is threatening me then that means that she wants to spend quality time with me.

Who am I to deny such a calm day?

I wouldn't call not being able to go to to my own apartment calm...

Both me and Al have mommy issues, so we kind of go back and forth on the, "I'll tell your mother this." whenever we bicker.

We have a bond that will never be replaceable, she's my number one and always will be.

I grunt as I lift myself off Al's guest bedroom's bed, and make my way to the door while dragging my feet across the sandy color wooden floor. Her apartment is really modern, and to be honest, more like home than my own. I usually crash here almost every weekend, and it's Saturday.

I go through the very lit hall to the right of the bedroom and take a quick shower.

—————

"Isn't this place nice?" Al exclaims.

"It looks like bears shitted everywhere.."

"Shut up and eat your pancakes."

We are at a cafe down the street of both of our apartment buildings. Me and Al are like two pieces of gum stuck together, there was no way we were going to live far away from eachother. So we settled for being next building neighbors. If that's what you want to call it, I guess?

I use my knife and fork to cut my chocolate chip pancakes with literal bear cookies on top of them, and stuff a neatly cut piece in my mouth.

After Al rudely interrupted my deep slumber, I took way longer than 20 minutes to get ready. I had put on some very light makeup, which for me is mascara, blush, and Burt's Bees tinted lip balm in the shade "Red Dahlia".

I have black Nike sweatpants on, with a tight white ribbed tank top. My cleavage looks great, goddamn.

My hair is up in a dark brown claw clip, with my wispy grown out bangs that almost look like curtain ones, falling out.

"I have to go to the bathroom," Al excuses herself. "I'll be right back, I hope you don't miss me."

"Yeah, you wish." I chuckle.

She throws me a quick smile before she exits out of our booth table.

I continue eating my fluffy pancakes while scrolling through my instagram feed. I don't even get to my second bite without Al before I feel her sit back down.

"Goddamn, you pee fast."

I glance up, and I'm not exactly met with the hazel eyes that I see everyday. I'm met with green ones. The same exact green eyes I saw last night. The same green eyes that shot a weakling.

"Hello, Vittoria."

Well shit.

—————

NOT EDITED
please don't murder me

Word count; 991 words

sorry for the short chapters, I'll be doing longer ones shortly 😶🙏🙏🙏