Chapter 3: Vittoria

I stare at him.

To be fair the man is kind of a work of art.

"What the hell are you doing?" I whisper-shout. "My friend will be back any second. Leave."

"No."

His voice is deep and cold. The type to have anyone running the other way. Unfortunately, I'm just a fucking moron.

"Listen, whatever I saw last night I could give less of a shit about." I say sternly. "You broke into my apartment, and I'm assuming you are going to do the same to me as you did with Francis. Can I just enjoy the day with my best friend?"

I'm really trying to get myself killed.

"I wasn't planning on murdering you, Vittoria." He replies, and for a second I see a spark of amusement flicker in his green eyes. He recovers from it quickly though, leaving me doubting my own eyesight.

I try to read his expression, but his face shows no sign of emotions.

Fucking robot.

Hot robot.

Stop.

I hum, not falling for his bullshit. I don't even know the guy's name. For all I know he could be a wimp that just threatens people with a gun that he can barely aim with.

"You can kill me once we are alone," I get up, suddenly pissed.

It's not like I'm afraid of dying, I could give less of a fuck. But leaving Al alone feels like a punch to the ribs.

Once I exit our booth, I go right past the green eyed man and head to the bathroom.

I realize then that he looks so much different than he did when it was dark. His eyes were more emerald than forest green, and he has the type of jawline to cut through anything. Neither of those traits were given justice last night, in the alley.

As I make my way to the restrooms of the boho-themed restaurant, I can feel pairs of eyes scorching my back. I don't look back, because that will only give him the idea that I'm afraid of people such as himself.

He's got it all wrong though, because I'm anything but frightened. I'm intrigued.

I wonder if he knows my reputation in this city, and thinking more about it, where is he from? I know he has an accent but I can't tell from where.

Lost in my train of thought, I notice I'm making my way inside of the women's restrooms.

Once I'm in I immediately call out towards the stalls where Al should be.

"Al? We have to go, like right now."

No response.

I immediately put my guard back up and set my feelings aside. What the fuck is she doing in there? Is she masturbating or what? I know she's in the middle stall out of all six but she's not opening the door.

I crouch down to where the gap between the floor and the stall door is located. I gasp.

I can see my best friend's white tennis shoes but from the looks of it she is barely sat upright on the toilet seat.

Fuck.

I start crouching my way into the stall through the gap, I don't know how I fit through there. That's not important right now, focus.

Once I'm fully inside I stand up and my jaw clenches at the sight. Al, is barely sitting on the toilet with her eyebrows furrowed, holding on to her flat abdomen while completely unconscious.