022,

EPISODE TWOthe mall rats

EPISODE TWO
the mall rats.

NOVA  AND  max were outside their house, nova was sat on the sidewalk, drawing something, whilst max was practicing on her skateboard.

nova jumped when max slipped off it, and they both watched as it stopped near eleven's feet, who picked it up with a blank look and walked over to both of them. "hi."

"hey?" max frowned, taking the skateboard, nova waved slightly and closed her sketchbook. "can we talk?" eleven asked slowly.

max and nova shared a confused look.

"—and then he said he missed me...and then he just hung up." eleven finished. they were in max's room and eleven had been telling the two of them about how mike was acting strange that morning.

"he's a piece of shit." max spoke, she stopped pacing for a moment. "what?" eleven frowned.

"mike doesn't have jack shit to do today, and his nana obviously isn't sick." max pointed, at them both, "i guarantee you, him and lucas are playing atari right now."

"but friends don't lie." eleven whispered, max sat down in the middle of them, "yeah, but boyfriends lie. all the time. "right, nova?"

"um...sure? i mean, lucas doesn't, but..." she began, max nodded, "boyfriends always lie." max finished, nova pulled a face.

"you're going to stop calling him. you're going to ignore his calls." max spoke as nova raised her brows, "as far as you're concerned, he doesn't exist."

"doesn't exist?" eleven repeated with wide eyes. "he treated you like garbage. you're gonna treat him like garbage. give him a taste of his own medicine." max shrugged, her hands on her hips.

"give him the medicine." eleven repeated slowly. "and then...if he doesn't fix this, doesn't explain himself? dump his ass."

both nova and eleven raised their brows.

"come on." max grabbed both of the girls hands and pulled them up, "where we going?" nova asked, "to have some fun! there's more to life than stupid boys, you know." max grinned.

THE GIRLS got off the bus a little while later, and arrived at starcourt mall, it was busy, and nova knew eleven would probably be nervous for that reason.

eleven's eyes widened as max smiled at her, "so what do you think?" max asked as eleven looked at the girls. "what's wrong?"

"too many people...against the rules." she spoke as max shrugged, raising her brow.