Chapter 4

(Y/N) POV
Junior Year

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Key
———————————————————————
'Thoughts/Thought Dialogue'
"SQUIP Dialogue"
"SQUIP controlling (Y/N) speech"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wash my hands, ready to meet up with Jeremy and Michael. Just as I finished drying my hands, I felt a hand grab my shoulder.

I immediately turn around, feeling my fist come into contact with the person's face. "What the HELL, man?" The voice of Rich Goranski said. "You snuck up on me! How was I supposed to know you weren't someone trying to attack me?" Rich massaged his jaw. "Yeah, sorry... I see that wasn't the... smartest or easiest way to get your attention..." He chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck. "But there's something I need to tell you about!" Rich looked up at me, getting uncomfortably close to my face. I straightened up a little, trying to distance myself. "Spit it out, Rich, I don't have all day." I crossed my arms over my chest. 'What is wrong with me? I'm never this cocky.' Rich grabbed my by the collar, fist raised. "Watch it, tall ass! Sorry... Sorry, (Y/N). Old habit." He let go, backing away a bit. "Do you remember me freshman year?" He asked. I shook my head. "No, I got here last year..." He nodded.

"Well, in my freshman year, I didn't have a girlfriend or a clue. I was a loser, just like you. All the females would attest, my sexting was a futile quest. My little penis was so lonely... Poor guy..." I successfully tried not to laugh at him saying his penis was small. "I was helpless and hopeless. Then, I got a 'SQUIP.'" I blinked. "A what?" "A SQUIP." He repeated. "Oh, I've never heard of it before." I explained. "That's the point. It's top-secret-can't-even-look-it-up-on-the-internet shit." 'Is it some new drug?' "Are you trying to sell me drugs, Rich?" He shook his head violently. "No!" He backed away again. "It's better than drugs, (Y/N)... ITS FROM JAPAAAAAN!" He screeched. His voice became robotic. "It's a grey oblong pill with quantum nanotechnology CPU. The computer in the pill will travel through your blood until it implants in your brain and it tells you what to do. It'll help you rule." He blinked, his voice returning to normal. "Imagine weekends filled with blowout benders, teenage rockstar splendor. No one cares if you're late, 'cause even the teachers think you're great." I nodded. "So, if you're not trying to sell me drugs, where do I come into the picture!" I raised an eyebrow. "Listen, (Y/N). I really am sorry for the way I treated you since you got here. My SQUIP told me to be an ass. But now, he's saying you're cool. The reason I came up to you in the first place is he wanted me to give you one for free." I took a couple of steps back, running into the wall. Rich was still very close. "And why would you do that?" Rich looked slightly down at his left side, then turned back to me. "He said you'll tell Jeremy and Michael about it." I nodded. Rich took my hand with both of his. I felt something. "Just think about it, okay?" His eyebrows were creased upward. He looked like he was being genuine. "If I do take it- Which there is no guarantee I will, is there a specific way to take it?" I felt the cold pill in my hand. Rich tightened his grip on my hand. "When you take it-" "If I take it..." I cut him off. "Right... if you take it," He corrected himself. "Take it with regular Mountain Dew. I don't know why, it's just a thing you gotta do." "Okay, well, we're most definitely late for class now, so I'll head that way..." I pulled my hand out of Rich's grip, putting the "SQUIP" in my pocket. "Oh, I have something for that." Rich pulled out a sticky note pad and a pen, writing a note from the "principal" excusing me from class. "How did you-" I started. Rich tapped the side of his head. "Controls my muscles and nervous system." I nodded. "Right..." I said hesitantly. I tried to act like I believed him. I'm scared of what he'd do if he realized I didn't. He handed me the slip of paper. "Thanks... Rich..." He smiled. "No problem." With that, he exited the restroom.

I opened the door to my English classroom. The teacher stopped the instruction and stared at me with an angry expression. I gave her the note, praying to my god she would take it. She did, and I sighed in relief. When she saw the note, her expression softened and she nodded. I made my way to the back of the classroom beside Michael. "What happened?" Michael whispered. "Rich gave me something. I don't know, to be honest." Michael cocked his head to the side. "Where'd the note come from?" He asked, confused. "Rich. Apparently he's actually... Nice?" He blinked. "You're joking..." I shook my head. "I'm just as surprised as you are."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[842 Words Excluding (A/N)]

We're so close to the meeting! Guys, I hope you're as excited as I am! You're almost worthy! Squippy's about to enter your life, and you're going to be stuck with him! Happy reading! :]