1 : Fresh start

A/n : this story is exclusive to Wattpad. If you're reading it on any other site know that it's been stolen 😭. I'm saying cause it's already been stolen by Novel WW and who knows what other site.

Anyways, moving on.

🌸🌸🌸

Thirteen year old Lexi Kara looked at the snow outside her window with a frown. Everyone knew the idea of snow on Christmas was just magical but did it have to be this freaking cold? Atleast the weather had gotten a little sunnier on her first day at her new school.

She let out a steamy breath of air. Her father's job better be worth this torture.

She turned back to her messy bed and quickly grabbed one of her brand new jackets. She put on the grey coat and her comfortable black Wellington boots and gloves.

Just then, a sharp knock came from the door.

"Lexi! Hurry up darling or you'll be late." Came her mother's sweet voice. "Your father's almost done with his breakfast."

"Coming mother!" She called back.

She sweat dropped as she remembered that she had to take a ride to school with her father. It was bad enough being the new student without adding in the factor that she was the new professor's kid.

"Lexi Kara! What are you still doing in there?!?!" Her mother shouted loudly.

She winced at her shouting. She had forgotten just how much of a pain in the ass going to school was.

"I'm coming already!" Lexi replied loudly before she grabbed her bag and headed to the kitchen.

She was about to take a seat to enjoy her breakfast when her mom spun her around by the collar and began to playfully drag her to the door.

"What the heck?!?! Mom! I'm trying to eat breakfast over here!" She said as she tried to get out of her grip.

Lexi held on to her buttered bagel as if she were holding onto dear life.

"Oh no you don't!" She said as she shoved the girl towards the door. "Your father's waiting in the car. There's no way I'm letting either of you be late on your first day!"

"Alright, alright! I'm going, Warden." Lexi said as she narrowed her gray eyes at her. "Sheesh. You can let go now."

Mrs Kara slapped her daughter lightly on the head.

"Ow! Mom!" Lexi whined as she feigned being hurt.

"Don't sass me, brat!" Her mother said, trying to look intimidating.

Which didn't work because she still looked young (which made sense because she was after all 33 years old) and was forever smiling.

Lexi gave her a quick perk on the cheek.

"Bye Mom." She said in her sweetest voice. "Love you Mom."

"Psh. Don't think I'll let you get away with disrespecting me just because you're still my cute little baby." Mrs Kara said before she tackled her into a bear hug and began showering the teen with kisses.

"Mom... Hey, let go! I'm gonna be late for school!" Lexi said as she tried to wrestle her way out of her grip.

For a petite little lady her mom sure had the strength and stamina of a pro wrestler.

After a minute she released Lexi but kept a hold on her as she inspected every inch of the little red haired girl. Satisfied with what she saw she beamed at her.

"You're gonna knock them dead at your new school. I just know it." She said proudly.

"High school isn't a competition, mom." Lexi pointed out. "Not that I'd win either way seeing as you got your drool all over me."