2. New friends

"Hie Lexi, I'm Jeremy." Blond nerd said to her. "Welcome to Kadic."

"And I'm Odd Della-Robbia. The one and only!" Blond rock star hair screamed into her ears, making Lexi want to hit him for being so obnoxious. "I'm like the coolest around here."

"Yeah, you wish." The dark haired one snickered at Odd's declaration.

"And that's Ulrich. He's the most uptight one in the group." Odd went on enthusiastically.

"No I'm not!" Ulrich said in annoyance.

"You can ignore Odd, he's - uhm - what's the word?" Jeremy said thoughtfully. "Over energetic."

"And quite the flirt." Ulrich added in.

"Yeah, I see that." Lexi replied with a smirk. "So I take it you will be taking me to Professor Hertz's class, then?"

"Sure, right this way." Jeremy said.

She followed them as they made their way to the science Lab.

Like every other school she had been to, she was subjected to the new girl spotlight. Everyone of those hormonal teenagers couldn't take their eyes off of her and it made her slightly uncomfortable.

It didn't help either that Professor Hertz, with her bushy brunette hair, reading glasses and lab coat , wanted Lexi to give a speech about herself in front of the entire class.

She stood there next to the chalk board, her mouth in a thin line, as she struggled to not glare daggers at those students who were laughing at her torture.

"Name's Lexi and yeah I'm the new kid." She said in absolute boredom.

"And a complete dork." Came the shrill voice of a girl from somewhere in the back along with the snicker of a few students.

Lexi followed the sound of the voice to its source. A dark haired girl wearing a smug smile and an orange hair band. So, Kadic's very own Queen B* it would seem.

She smiled sweetly at her, taking care to say the next few words out sweetly and audibly.

"Yes, I am a dork." She said cheerfully. "At least that means I have some brain cells in my head. Can't say the same about that nugget of yours."

This time no one bothered to keep in the laughter.

"W - What did you just say to me?!?!" The girl said, her face turning red from the embarrassment. "Daddy's going to hear about this!"

Uhm.... Daddy? What was she talking about? Not that Lexi cared really. Her father could be the president and she still wouldn't care.

She simply shrugged her off whilst Professor Hertz tried to restore order to her classroom.

Lexi made her way to her desk which was near the four friends. As she took her seat, each of them gave her a smile.

"That was cool. Sissi sure needs a few people to put her in her place." Odd commented.

She simply smirked at the boy as she focused ahead at Professor Hertz's ramblings.

Just then, Lexi heard a small beep coming from Jeremy's bag. She pretending to not be looking as he reached for the bag. She saw him open it discreetly before he turned to his friends with a grim expression.

Now she was really curious.

"Seriously? Why couldn't X. A. N. A. wait until Jim's class?" She heard Odd complain. "There's like ten minutes to go!"

"Settle down over there, Odd." The professor chided him.

"Yeah, about that, I have a tummy ache. Can I go see the nurse?" Odd said as he raised his hand.

"Uh, sure. Go on then."

"I can take him, Professor. Make sure he's okay." The girl, Aelita said.

"Alright then. The rest of you back to your textbooks." Professor Hertz said.

What the hell was going on? She was definitely curious now.

The rest of the lesson went by quickly enough and when the siren rang, everyone dashed out of the classroom before the Professor could give out an assignment.

Lexi tried to locate the remaining two, Jeremy and Ulrich, so she could ask them what had happened back there but they were gone.

Huh, weird.

Shrugging her shoulders, she followed the rest of the class as they made their way to physical Ed. She put on her black tights and red sports t-shirt. She had on a pair of white track shoes and your waist length red hair was pulled back with a white hair band.

 She had on a pair of white track shoes and your waist length red hair was pulled back with a white hair band