Chapter eleven

Naruto POV

     As me and Neji walked along the path, I could feel someone's eyes watching me. It may just be me being paranoid, but I was sure it was following us. "Naruto? Are you worried about something?", Neji asked me. "NO!?- I mean, uh nothing!", I said as I nervously smiled. We walked the rest of the way to my house. "Just come to me for anything, alright Naruto? I'm here for you.", I smiled and hugged Neji goodbye on the doorsteps. "Thank you Neji.."

~~~~Next day~~~~

3rd person POV

     Naruto was starting his day like any other day. He was more excited now though, with his and Neji's relationship improving, he felt as if nothing could go wrong. Naruto skipped out the door with a popsicle in his mouth. As he came near the cross-road intersection, he noticed Shikamaru and Gaara talking near the street light. Panic overtook Naruto and he froze in place, meanwhile Shikamaru had noticed Naruto. "Look who it is, he'll probably annoy us until we let him walk with us.", Garra chuckled but it seemed like he didn't have anything else to say.

     Much to their surprise, Naruto did not walk any closer to them. Gaara was shocked, 'maybe it's because of the incident at lunch?' Guilt got to Gaara, but he tried to pay no mind to it. Shikamaru on the other hand was annoyed, either out of surprise or anger. He walked up to Naruto while some fangirls of his whispered behind him. "Hey, are you walking alone today?" Shikamaru asked in a demanding tone. Naruto was quite but nodded, "Hm. What about the annoying screams you usually make? Or the stupid little smile you'll give?" Naruto felt a tear on his eye. Gaara seemed unfazed but he quietly whispered something in Shikamaru's ear. Shikamaru nodded and went ahead while Naruto and Gaara stayed behind. 

     "Are you going to move?", Gaara looked at Naruto questionably. Naruto still had his head down but Gaara wouldn't take silence for an answer. Gaara's hand lifted up his chin and Gaara looked at Naruto straight in the eye. "We wouldn't want to be late, do we?", Gaara raised his hand to pet Naruto's hair. Naruto gasped as soon as their skin touched, sure he wanted to avoid them, but that didn't mean they got any less attractive! Naruto stutterd as he spoke, "N-Nope! Let's get going!" Naruto ran as fast as he could till he reached the school gates.

~~~

    Neji got a surprise when he saw a tired sweaty Naruto and a Happy Gaara at the school gates. Neji was apart of student council so he had to do uniform checks and such. "Naruto-?! Why are you running?", Neji helped Naruto up and dusted him off. Gaara smiled as he pulled back his hair. "Come on Naruto, the gates will close soon~", Gaara spoke in an alluring voice. Soon enough Garra was dragging Naruto around the halls.

_____________________________

Author notes: 

wowowowow so uh, chapters are going to be around 400~600 words.

have a good day everyone!!