Chapter twenty one (FIN)

Holy heck it's been a while since I've been on here. BTW This is going to be an ending ch bc I seriously don't think I can keep up with two stories at once with my motivation (and believe it or not-, college/highschool work). 

Yup. That's right, I'm in highshcool. I did this during elementary/middle school and never really looked back on it until now. Gotta say, there are some things I'm not so proud of writing. 

I hope you'll enjoy this last and hopefully, best chapter of this story, thank you for all your support and encouragement, even if I've left you hanging most of the time. 

Thank you again, and maybe don't waste your life away writing fanfiction at 9 :)

(P.S. I'm making the characters more mature for my own writer's sake. I cannot take all the stuttering I used back then so please don't remind me.)

___________________________________________________________________

     Sasuke looked up at Neji. Sizing him up with his eyes, Neji looked at Sasuke with a face of contempt. "Sasuke! I didn't know you liked festivals." Naruto shouted as he waved to both Sai and Sasuke. Sasuke just shook his head and shrugged. "Getting out of the house is good for the soul, and Sai was going anyways, so I went with him." 

     Naruto hummed as he began walking to the pair, but Neji suddenly grabbed ahold of the boy's sleeve. Nervously, he steeled his eyes to look at the blondie. He was looking back at him with those big eyes of his. Never seeing or hearing wrong. 

     Even when he was horrible to the boy, not looking to defend him from the bullying or the hardships he had before. Not being able to help someone so bright and kind. He felt a lump in his throat as Naruto's eyes shined, contrasting the night sky. "Something wrong Neji?"

"It's nothing." 

     Neji watched Naruto's back as he ran to the two. Bittersweet he cursed the sky, 'Why couldn't I have had him this time?' He laid his head low, his hair dangling in from of his eyes. Suddenly, he felt raindrops on his face. It was strange because it definitely wasn't raining. His hands trembled as they touched his face, wiping his face quickly before Naruto could see him like that. 

"Bye Neji!"
'Goodbye Naruto.'

     Neji sighed a sigh of relief. He had his regrets of course, but he had done something right this time. He turned around and felt the cold air breeze through his face, a pity kiss of sorts from the wind, leaving as fast as it came.

He let him go.

_____

     "Where were you guys going to go?" Naruto asked as he neared the pair at the food stall. Sai spoke, as calculating as ever, "The rest of them are waiting for us near the fountain." He raised an eyebrow looking behind Naruto, "Neji is not going I'm guessing?" The blonde boy was just about to turn around when Sasuke stopped the boy. "Neji already told me that he was tired and heading home." His voice was a little too loud for his liking. 

     Naruto looked at him puzzled, then looked behind him to see Neji walking out of the festival. "Ah, I guess so huh?" Sasuke gripped the clothing, given to him and used it as a sash to compliment his own Kimono. Sai nodded as he walked ahead of both of them, leading to what Naruto hoped was the fountain. 

     As they walked, Naruto marveled at all the spectacles around him. Some were as simple as people holding hands or sharing a secret smile. Others were giving their loved ones big stuffed animals and winning the jackpot. All humans, united together by love and humility. His eyes softened and he walked to the fountain more cheerful than he was a few seconds ago.