46

"So you think you've got it down?" Josh asked as he gave her a ride home from study group that night.. she was sitting rubbing her temples feeling her sore head from all the studying..

"God I hope so.. this crap is killing me, I feel like shit." She grumbled out in a tired voice...

"Well you don't look it." He smirked as he reached over and rubbed his hand over her thigh...

She felt sharp knots form in her stomach at his touch and pulled her leg away turning to look out the window.. wanting to be out of the car at that moment but still having a few blocks to go...

She started to feel quite the knots in her stomach tighten and her skin starting to crawl and was thinking maybe Derek was right, and wishing she was with him at that moment... he slowed the car to a stop on the street outside her building and she didn't say a word as she quickly got out of the car.. hoping to get up to Derek as quickly as she could when she heard a car door shut behind her and cringed..

"Meredith!" he hollered out as he rushed after her..

"What do you want?" she growled out turning around to see him running up to her...

"I." He started out in a pant as he stood in front of her "This."

He grabbed her and pulled her lips to his forcing her into a tangled lip lock that she found nothing less than repulsive... she pressed her hands against his chest and shoved him as hard as she could as she screamed...

"What the fuck are you doing!?"

"What do you think I'm doing.. what do you think all the gestures were for Meredith?"

"I thought you were being nice!" she cursed out...

"Well I was but I also want you." He said reaching for her again.. she swiftly pulled away and backed up..

"No." she said shaking her head "I love Derek."

"I get that.. but I can give you so much more than he can Meredith.. I can give you anything you dream, my father is co-owner of the Sonics and I have money coming out of my eyeballs... you wont have to struggle anymore.. I'll give you ten times what Derek can."

"You cant." She gasped as she shook her head "Because what I want.. is Derek. What I want is his dream, and his dream isn't just of becoming a doctor and having a nice quality of life.. his dream is to better mankind, his dream is to better the world, and his dream includes me, loving me, and we may struggle now but, he would rather be with me and not have two dimes to rub together than live a lavish life alone... so no Josh.. you cant give me what I want."

She walked into her building hearing him speed off and feeling a knot of anger and guilt churn in her stomach... she got to her apartment and walked in glancing over to see Mark and Derek sitting in the living room laughing over a ball game...

She walks to the refrigerator and grabbed a beer.. she walks over silently sitting on the couch next to Derek and puts the bottle to her lips and tips it upside down drinking the fluid in it until its empty.. Mark and Derek look at her with raised concerned expressions..

"You ok Mer?" Mark asks... she reaches over taking Derek's beer out of his hand and takes another swig..

"You were right." She grumbled out.. Derek feels his mouth pop open and gasped to himself..

"I don't mean to be overly dramatic here." He replied "But can you repeat that?" she turns to him and narrows her eyes slightly..

"You were right." She muttered "He was being more than just friendly, I wont tell you how I found out but... its not going to happen anymore."

"Oh." He said with a smirk raising his brow "So he kissed you."

Meredith turns her head sharply towards him from being mid-sip and frowns seeing the amusement on his face..

"How can you be ok with that?" she asked baffled...

"Is it something I should worry over?" he asked, she looks back at him disgusted and shook her head...

"Ewww definitely not!" she gasped "I think he even tried to put his tongue up my fucking nose."

Mark and Derek burst into wails of laughter and he stifles it seeing the hurt look on her face not finding any amusement on her part...

"Seriously." She mumbles "So when a guy offers to help you study and passes you notes in class and gives you a ride home.. he's not just being nice?"

"No." Mark laughs "The note thing means he's getting your attention, the studying thing means he's taking you away from interruptions like boyfriends.. and the car thing.. he was creating an opportunity to steam up the windows!" Meredith and Derek both look at him with a narrowed glare and he shrugs "What? How do you think I got Addi's rich ass with mine?"

"Seriously?" Mer says feeling disturbed..

"Seriously." Derek says with more sympathy before he chuckled "You'd think a former stripper would know these things."

She gasps as her eyes widen ands he grabs a throw pillow from the couch and pummels him across the face with it, he tries to guard himself but his bellowing laughter isn't helping as she repeatedly hits him fighting her own laughter.. finally he gets himself enough contained and reaches out grabbing her waist and pulling her quickly underneath him on the couch causing a giggle to erupt from her lips...

"I cant believe I was so naïve." She mumbles..

"Hey." He smirks "I happen to find it a turn on." She giggles and rolls her eyes "So this kiss... can I do better?"

"I can attest to that!" Mark spurts out as he sips his beer.. they look at him precariously and he shrugs "What.. we are neighbors and your two.. are not the quietest lovers." Meredith and Derek look at each other with raised expressions...

"I think we need to buy our neighbors ear plugs as early Christmas gifts." Derek replies to Meredith..

"And move our bed to a different wall." She adds with a wall..

"Definitely." He replies.

He leans in softly kissing her lingering his lips against hers slightly.. He pulled her lips into his and swiftly plunged his tongue into her mouth as his fingers weaved into her hair and their moans intensified as body parts stiffened.. Mark sat there starting to get slightly uncomfortable he stood to his feet...

"I'm gonna go before I see everything I've been hearing." He chuckled.. he looks over to see them unphased by it and still going at it.. "Yeah so.. I guess I'll let myself out."

He walks over to the door looking back once more to see a piece of clothing being thrown over the back of the couch and shakes his head and laughs hoping that Addi didn't move the ear plugs.