2| Wheels and Thrills

Tomorrow will make it a week since Melo became a mentor. To say he was exhausted would be an understatement. He tiredly watched as Nalo runs throughout the gym with the extra two and a half hours he insisted on having.

He ain't tired yet?

"Nalo please, and I mean please sit down". Melo quickly regretted letting Nalo lead their workout, he had them do lunges, push-ups, and now he's taking laps around the room.

"I can't I'm too excited"! , Nalo squealed. "Excited about what"? Melo asked. "Tonight Naomi is gonna-", Nalo started before being cut off.

"Nalo go get your things", Naomi said as she walked towards them finishing her ice cream cone. Nalo hurried over to gather his things leaving Naomi and Melo. "You set me up", Melo accuses.

"Who me? if I can recall you said "It's alright, two hours isn't a long time" Naomi snorts. Melo pauses, "this ain't about me right now and then you only get yourself ice cream? That's cold".

"It was good too, you would've loved it" Naomi teased. Melo shook his head in fake disbelief while they laughed. Over the past few days the two have built a bit of a bond and have grown quite fond of each other. "Are you guys ready?" said Nalo waiting by the exit.

Nalo invited him to go to Dave and Buster's with them. Of course he accepted , it's an opportunity to know him off the court. Maybe he could know a certain girl better too.

No, this is a family friendly environment.

"Let's go before he sets off the car alarm again", he jokes as they all walk out to the parking lot. "Dang girl what you doing driving this?!" Melo asks staring at the Gray SRT hellcat.

"Oh this lil thing? Just something I'm toying around with for the moment" Naomi said playfully. "Girl what you mean? You put some work into this" Melo says getting closer to look at the hood. "This ain't nothing you should see how she modified the other car" said Nalo getting in the backseat.

"Modified?! Oh yeah I'm on that" said Melo in the passenger seat. "Stop being dramatic boy" she said rolling her eyes pulling out onto the semi busy road.

Hm car girl...I fuck with it.

•<3<3<3•

"LAMELO MOVE"! yelled a frustrated Naomi trying to shoot the basketball but was getting blocked every time. "I'm showing you how it really is out here you gotta step yo game up" Melo said.

"Step my game up? you're losing by 5 points and now you're cheating". Watching as the shot clock expired Melo smacked his teeth. "Man I let you win". "Okay Melo", she says sarcastically.

"He gone sleep good tonight" Melo says pointing across the room. Following his finger her eyes widen watching as Nalo spins in circles while on the bumper cars. Nalo looks up and waves at them like a crazy person. They wave back with the same enthusiasm laughing.

Naomi smiles watching Melo stare at Nalo in admiration, his eyes lights up every time Nalo successfully avoids being bumped. "Your brother is a great kid", Melo states never moving his eyes away from Nalo.

"Going into this big brother thing I wasn't sure how I'd do, I mean it's me we're talking about, the "childish, irresponsible one" as the media might say. Maybe I'm being biased because it's only been a week but I think I'm doing a damn great job.

Being the youngest I never knew what it's like to have someone look up to you and study your every move. But with Nalo I see myself in him and I want to be a better person. A role model in the sense, I'm happy I met him" Melo says turning to Naomi.

Oh my goodness.

Naomi can't help but audibly aww at his words feeling the sentiment the guy shared with her brother in such a short period of time. "Melo that's the cutest shit I've ever heard" Naomi gushed. Melo rolls his eyes hiding his smirk from the over dramatic girl.

Naomi giggles and says "seriously though, he's happy he met you too." "How can you tell?" He asks. Naomi paused before looking up at him and saying "He's so much better now". Before Melo can question her some more Nalo grabs her hand and pulls her toward some other game.

He's so much better now?

•<3<3<3•

Walking through the nicely decorated home Melo carried a sleeping Nalo to his bedroom following behind Naomi. Laying him on the bed causes Nalo to immediately spring out across the mattress. "What I tell you? My boy gone" he laughs quietly as they walk out of Nalo's room and into the living room.

"So um I was wondering if I could get your number" Melo said running his fingers through his curls. Typing her number into his phone, she says "of course anything regarding Nalo you can reach me here".

Melo licks his lips, "what about you"? Naomi smiles, "I guess you could reach me there too". "You guess I could reach you there? Okay Naomi" he smiled.

Feeling his phone vibrate he checks to see a message that his driver was there. "Alright gang my driver here" he said walking over to give her a hug. He pulled her tight against his chest embracing her warmth as she melted against him, his arms crossed firm against her lower back and her arms draped over his shoulders.

Looking down at her he finds her already staring up at him, she stands on her tiptoes and plants a kiss on his cheek. "Goodnight Lamelo", she said in a low voice.

Sheesh.

"Goodnight Naomi", said Melo as he let go of her waist watching as she moved back a bit. Exiting the house and getting into the car his mind raced with many thoughts. This first one being...

Am I getting attached?

N2 N2 N2

N2

*

*

*

*

*

*
JB<3

Thoughts or comments?