Part 2

"...he's really taking his time."

One week was a long time to live in apprehension so Cale had already adjusted to the new normal and mostly just ignored the prospect of a visitation from their liege.

That didn't mean that he didn't find it a bit annoying that the royal bastard hadn't so much as shown his face the entire time they'd been there.

Roksu flipped the page on the new novel he was reading. He'd resorted to reading some of the sketchier content on the bookshelf as a method of passing time. He was considering asking the servants to supplement the library as well. The attendant had explained on the first day that any reasonable requests would be granted. More books was more than reasonable.

For now, Roksu wanted to complete the contents of the shelf so that he had a rational explanation as to why more books were necessary. Besides, it wasn't like the lavacious content was uninteresting and it could prove to be informative considering his current station in life.

Cale sort of hated his ability to read it all with a straight face.

"Do you think that fucker forgot about us?" He continued, lying down on the couch near where Roksu was industriously ignoring him.

"It's probably treasonous to call his highness that." Roksu pointed out, an amused twitch to his lips.

"What's wrong with it?" Cale rolled over, propping his chin up with the palm of his hand and giving Roksu a flat look. He was like a bored cat. "He's the one who's gonna fuck us so he's a fucker."

As per usual, one could expect such impeccable logic from Cale. Roksu's lip twitched at the reply. "You don't know that. Maybe he wants us to fuck him."

Cale let out a snigger in response. He didn't really care either way but there was a certain satisfaction that came at the prospect of fucking the boss. A little bit of the anarchist in Cale that appreciated the notion.

The week hadn't been a total waste. Despite the occasional feelings of boredom and the stares he endured whenever he left the harem quarters, which were a lot less intense than the stares he endured as a lout and therefore negligible, Cale was taking quite well to harem life.

For starters, he really found himself liking Roksu's company. He was an intelligent and witty man who never seemed to grow bored. In fact, the way he lounged around the place made it seem as though he had finally achieved nirvana.

Cale particularly liked how quickly Roksu had adjusted to treating him like an equal. Normally he might have wanted his status to be respected or at least acknowledged, but Cale was pretty sure that harem life would have been absolutely intolerable if his only companion was cowering away from him.

Cale was pretty fucking tired of people cowering away from him.

His entire reason for behaving like trash was gone now and it left him a bit anxious as to who or what to be. Whether to maintain course or find a new persona.

Roksu was an easy person to just be yourself around. It was a feeling Cale hadn't had for a long time.

"...should we practice?" Cale said suddenly, catching Roksu's attention for real this time. Roksu looked up from his book and gave him a look.

After all, what was the one idea better than fucking the boss? Fucking around behind his back.

"Practice?"

Cale shrugged shamelessly. "Not gonna lie, I was expecting a lot more sex when I volunteererd to join a harem. Should we entertain ourselves since we're being neglected?"

This coming from the man who hadn't even been able to finish reading one of the tamer smut novels that lined the shelves without turning red from head to toe. Really. Roksu didn't know where to begin.