Blocks

Trina sat in the living room, waiting for her husband to come back from whatever he was doing upstairs. Suddenly, she heard a girlish scream.

"Fuck." Trina sighed.

Trina ran upstairs, knowing her husband was going to give some stupid explanation for the noise he made.

“What the hell?” Trina perplexedly asked.

Mendel and Marnie were on the floor playing with blocks, and Mendel’s had been knocked over.

“Daddy’s tower fall!” Marnie giggled.

“No, you knocked it over!” Mendel pouted.

Trina sighed and sat on the floor next to her woeful husband. She stared as he put his head in his knees, not bothering to look at anyone. A hand went to his shoulder, yet he still didn’t look up.

“Look honey, I’m sure Marnie didn’t mean to knock over your uhh block... tower...” Trina tried to comfort her husband without bursting into laughter, but she almost couldn’t help it.

Mendel looked up at his wife, “But it was so pretty and nice, and I wanted to show it to you because I think you’re so pretty and nice and-”

Trina rolled her eyes and kissed him, a shockwave being sent through Mendel’s body, telling him to shut up and kiss her back.
“Eeeeeeeewwwwww!” Marnie pretended to gag.

Trina laughed and stopped kissing Mendel.

“Daddy’s gonna come back downstairs with mommy, Marn. I'll be back in a minute, sweetie.”

Marnie nodded and Trina stood up, Mendel also standing up. The couple walked downstairs, leaving their daughter in her playroom. Trina sat Mendel down, hopping on his lap.

“What about my tower?” Mendel said.

“Shut up, you big baby.” Trina said playfully.

“Fine. I love you.” Mendel pouted once more.

“I love you too.” Trina said as she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him.