1: What's Your Favorite Scary Movie?

"What movie do you wanna watch?" Casey asked getting the popcorn for movie night. This was a three person get-together, now it's a two person one.

"A scary one," I replied, "The Silence Of The Lambs."

Casey gave me playful look, shaking her head and about to make a remark when the phone rang. I grabbed it and answered.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hello?" Said the person.

"Hello?" I repeated.

"Hello." Said the same person.

"Look, If you're gonna keep repeating what I say, call someone else and do it." I said hanging up.

"That's totally weird," Casey said setting the pot on the stove.

"Probably some weirdo prank calling." I shrugging my shoulders.

"Yeah-," Casey, was cut off by the phone ringing again.

We looked at each other in silence for a moment before I picked it up.

"H-hello." I answered.

"Hello." It was him again.

I looked at Casey with wide eyes, mouthing, 'it's him again.' She went to her patio doors and locked them.

"I'm sorry. I dialed the wrong number." He said.

"So you call a second time?" I asked a little freaked out.

"To apologize." He stated.

"Apology accepted. Bye." I said sternly, about to hang up.

"Wait, wait, don't hang up." He panicked, "Tell me your name, I'll tell you mine."

"Yeah, no chance." I said as Casey shook the popcorn.

"What's that?" He asked curiously.

I smiled, playing along, innocently, "Popcorn."

"Popcorn? I only eat popcorn at the movies." He said. I rolled my eyes and made an annoyed face at Casey, and stifled laugh.

"I'm about to watch a movie." I said.

"Really? What's your favorite scary movie?" He questioned, interested now.

He's flirting with me, I can tell. I take a seat at the kitchen counter with Casey next me, listening.

"Uh... The Silence Of The Lambs. You know, the one with the girl FBI agent that gets help from the Hannibal guy, who's locked up for cannibalism and murder, and helps with the case. What's yours?" I said, leaning on the counter.

"Guess." He said.

"Uh...Nightmare On Elm Street?" I guessed.

"Where the guy used knives for fingers?" He asked.

"Freddy Krueger." I answered, "The first one was great, the rest suck."

"You gotta boyfriend?" He questioned.

"Why? You wanna ask me out?" I giggled playing into this. I looked at Casey and saw her making kissy faces. I slapped her on the arm and flipped her off.