6

I will not be posting Wednesday because the first chapter of my protector will come out Sunday. But this chapter has a little surprise. It's Emily and Lucian in the future with kids! But the kids are not completely cannon in the book. I picked random names and a random age-gap.
Enjoy!
———

Roman is 13, Aurora is 10

I was walking with Aurora to where our dad usually parks. However a strange man stopped us.

"My dad told you to pick you up." He said. Aurora gripped my sleeve.

"What does my dad look like?" I asked him. Both Aurora and I's hair was blonde from our mother, so this will be interesting.

"Tall, blonde, pale." The man glanced at Aurora's complexion. He got one of those correct. I saw mom out of the corner of my eye and immediately got worried. As much as she could hold a gun, she wouldn't use it. This man would do something to mom that dad would only blame himself for. If dad were here, I would mess with this man a bit. But I can't risk mom and Aurora's life.

"Wrong." I said and ran. Unfortunately Aurora had inherited our mother's petite height and short legs. She was moving considerably slower than me.

The man chased us all the way to where mom was. She didn't say any thing and glared at the man.

"Can I help you?" She asked him.

"Are you there mother?" The man asked. Mom gripped both of our shoulders tightly.

"Yes." Mom said.

"Perfect." The man attempted to grab all three of us. Fortunately for us, and extremely unfortunate for him, dad made a guest appearance.

"I suggest you put my wife and children down before I put a bullet through your skull." Dad stood over his bike in a threatening manner. Mom let out a relieved sigh.

The man took one glance at dad before turning and leaving. Dad hopped off his bike and bruised towards us.

"Did he hurt you?" He asked. Mom shook her head no. "Doesn't matter he's already dead." Dad grumbled.

"Let's just get home." Mom grabbed Aurora's hand and led her to the back seat. Dad opened the passenger door for me.

"Where is your knife?" He asked.

"I can't carry it to school." I said.

"When you aren't in school carry it." Dad said, authority clear in his voice.

"Ok." I nodded.

He closed the door just as mom closed Aurora's door. He gave mom a quick kiss before going back to his bike. Aurora made a disgusted noise.

"Gross!" She stuck her tongue out.

"Don't you want to get married?" I asked her.

"Yeah but I won't kiss him. It's different." She said as if she knew all about it. I chuckled and waited for mom.