chapter 3 matter of choice

The next morning Naman reached Udaipur to attend his cousin's wedding, Uday Singh scolded him for being late for the wedding 
The whole day went by in different rituals and at night the Singh family were ready to welcome the Jindal family.

 The wedding was an extravagant event. The guests and the relatives were praising the couple and assuming them to be made for each other  . naina who was silently attending the wedding after the previous argument lost interest in this wedlock. Naman was busy gathering the relatives; he kept scanning Naina's face. There was no trace of excitement like she had before., naman was very close to her sister, that is the reason that naina use to share her troubles with Naman

After the wedding gets completed, Nandini has to return to Jaipur that night only as she has some meetings line-up for the next morning as CM of the state she couldn't have much left in her hand.

Naina also decided to accompany her mother whereas naman was going to start for Jaipur the next day as he had to travel along with his nani, Mrs Nanda Singh. Mrs Singh who is the mother of Nandini and Uday shifted with Nandini after her father in law lost his life in a cardiac arrest as he couldn't bear the loss of his only son.

 Nanda decided to help her daughter who is going to live alone with her kids and above that she was elected as the new CM of Rajasthan. The kids use to call her nanoo with love, 

       After reaching Jaipur Nandini got busy with her busy work schedule whereas naina kept herself busy in her painting classes, she used to teach the kids of orphanages painting, painting her imagination in colours as it gives peace to her mind  But whenever she use to recall Priya's words which had a huge impact on Naina"s mind; she was also worried that her mother would forcefully marry her to a businessman for the sake of some deal or other profits. 

       A week later to Priya,'s wedding, the Rawat family settled for a breakfast table.
Nandini was going through the monthly medical report of her mother as she was suffering from diabetes and high blood pressure too.

After going through the reports she removed her specs and rubbed her temples then she glared at her mother 
 Who was ignoring her look as she already knew what must be the matter?

" How many sweets did you have at the wedding mom. Look at the increased sugar level, you don't care for your health right. Sometimes I think that you are the worst of kids .what should I do mom you Already know my workload then why are you increasing my stress more? You know how Uday bhaisa will react to this report...

Naman and naina were having their breakfast quietly and were waiting for their nanoo's come back. For fifteen minutes Nandini kept giving the lecture to her mother who was silently observing Nandini's face while having her cornflakes.

 After she completed her long lecture nanoo showed Nandini her palm to stop and she took out her hearing aid as she cannot hear a word without using it.

   She carefully placed it on her ear and then told Nandini ' now tell me what are you saying ."?

     Nandini was dumbfounded, she felt so disgruntled as whatever she preached her for so long went deaf ears. Naman and naina couldn't hold more and started giggling at their nano's mischief. Nandini gave a warning stare at her young kids who got the signal and try to suppress their laughter.

 '   Nothing much mom, as your sugar level is over limit so now onwards no  more sweets for you" .then Nandini called the head cook and ordered her to not give any sweets to her old mother 
Stating that she stood up and started going towards the exit when an angry voice from her mother reach her ears 

"What do you mean no sweets for me, how could you forget that I used to cook your favourite sweet dish when you were a kid that too when you ask for it, whether it is day or night. Did I ever stop you?"