Sibling Rivalry [Memories] || 07

"ri, would you get my ipad please?"

"die first," the girl says, pointing her gun at the injured brother who sighs dramatically and falls back on the couch when the bullet hits the plaster on his arm, closing his eyes and groans mimicking the pain of being shot. "yes! now this world is safe. i killed jeon jungkook!"

"i was a threat?" he opens one eye to glance at his sister who nods in response and points at his fractured arm, where a bunch of chemical reactions and a few math equations are written in taehyung's handwriting because he believed it would help the boy learn them if he sees it again and again.

"that is dangerous," she says, "math is not okay."

"i know right? tae hyungie doesn't understand, who puts math and chemistry on a cast of an injured person? it worsens the pain."

"there's a mango too," aera scrunches her face at him, poking the weird drawing with her pointer finger, "who made that?"

"you did," jungkook sighs, "and a bunch of other fruits. look..." he says, showing her a strawberry, two cherries, an apple and a pineapple.

"where's a chocolate and ice cream?"

"i know, you didn't draw that." aera gasps at the information, keeping her gun down on the couch next to jungkook and runs inside, returning with a few colorful markers.

"i'll make a chocolate and ice cream okay?" she says and jungkook sighs, letting her draw on the cast as it still had some space left. "can i make koo and riri on it after this?"

"you'll make me look ugly." the boy complaints and shake his head, "if you wanna draw me and you on it, ask jiminie hyung to do it. he draws well, not as good as me, but fine."

"i can draw too!" aera frowns at him, smacking his head swiftly and jumps down from the couch to avoid getting hit. she laughs when he just glares at her, unable to stand up and hit her back because of the bandage on his ankle. "i won! jungkookie is a looser!" she sings, doing a mocking dance for him, sticking out tongue and giving a thumbs down while rocking side to side on her place.

"you just wait till i get this off." he threatens, looking away and lays on the couch resting her foot on the pillow jin gave him to rest as the wound was still fresh and the doctor had told them to avoid any strenuous movements that could cause the stitches to open.

it wasn't until two days back that jungkook came home bleeding and groaning in pain with tears streaming down his face as his left hand was clutching on the right arm near the elbow joint that had swollen and reddened to an alarming extent, making the hyungs panic and rush the boy to the hospital. they came to know it was a fracture on the upper side of his arm and the blood-oozing wound on his left foot needed stitches to keep it together.

jungkook had fallen asleep much sooner after the painful procedures were done under anaesthetic condition, and none of the boys tried to wake him up, saying he should rest and they could talk later. returning home wasn't easy either with their seven-year-old asking what had happened and how her koo ended up with such big wounds. she had even cried, thinking he was going to die when she first saw him bleeding and crying on arriving home.

by the end of the day jungkook didn't talk to anyone and later when he did, it was to jimin around midnight. the elder had assured he wouldn't scold jungkook and made him a hot chocolate, sitting by the boy when he finally told him how he got into a fight with some seniors because they were talking bad about his hyungs.

jimin had sighed deeply, knowing how the boy goes absolutely crazy when someone mentions his hyungs, which he had tried to stop but jungkook's attitude was like that of a naughty child who would act all innocent and cute at home and be a don once he's stepped outside. jin and hoseok couldn't believe jungkook actually faught someone just because they said something about the hyungs, but jimin and the rest knew it was possible, considering how aggressive the boy can be when he's mad. he's a teen.