chapter 5 | Damn panties.

KADES POV:

She had no idea what she meant to me.

She thought I had left her because I didn't want her.

But that couldn't have been farther from the truth.

She's everything to me, every fiber of my soul belongsto her. From the day I met her, she was my sun, the being I orbited. Our memories together tantalized my thoughts every second of every day. Her smiles in the morning, how her brown eyes turned to gold in the sun, and how her laugh warmed my chest.

She would always rule my mind, every single day.

The sad part about it was, is that she thinks none of that is true.

I left for a reason, one that took me away from her, to protect her from everything evil.

The only reason I had left those years ago was to protect her from my world.

And in the process, I broke her heart.

But I don't regret it because anything is better than putting her in danger. Even if it means leaving her, the only person that has shown me what love is.

She was the definition of the word 'love.'

Now, here I am, in the same vicinity as her, perfectly calm.

As if my whole body was not on fire right now.

She was quite the whole ride, probably exhausted by what had happened to her.

The anger pulsing in my veins when I saw him touching her was still there, throbbing against my skin. I had planned to kick the man's ass, but that would be for later; now, I had to take care of her.

She crossed her arms against her chest as she shivered, turning her head away from me and looking out the window. A curl of hair falling across her face, before she swiped it over her ear.

I leaned forward, turning on the seat heater as I stepped more on the gas.
Malia had given me her address before we started driving, grumbling about how I had her address now. Not that it mattered, I had enough self-control to not come to her apartment begging for her.

I think.

After all, I hadn't seen her in seven years, not once. It was physically painful for me to know that she was out there, making memories without me in them. As if I was never in her life at all.

I would never want to be a memory for her, ever.

I look over at her, her eyebrows scrunched together, her lips shaped in a natural pout, and her hair draping over her like a waterfall. She always looked as if she was in thought, like her mind was moving a hundred miles per hour. Even when we were 18, she would randomly blurt out thoughts all the time, it was fucking adorable.

God, I love her.

_____________________________________

Turning my head towards her as I unbuckled my seatbelt, I noticed Malia had fallen asleep.
Her eyes we gently closed as her knees were up to her chest like she was in a cocoon.

Fucking adorable.

I walked towards her side, gently lifting her up into my arms and feeling her warmth.

I still remember exactly of she felt in my arms seven years ago, soft and warm. As I walked toward the elevator of the complex, she snuggles closer into my arms, her hair softly running over my face.

When I met her, I fell in love with her curls, and how they bounced around her when she did anything. They were always so wild, never staying still.

Once we're in the elevator, she slowly starts to wake up, mumbling to herself as she peeks one eye open. She takes a deep breath in, before she looks up at me with her big eyes, her eyelashes gently fluttering.