1: Grim the Talking Cat

━━━━━━

━━━━━━

"TAKE IT OFF!!", an aggressive voice yelled, causing Juliet to stir awake and immediately gasp.

"Is this a dream?", the girl yawned, "Is Tōji finally accepting me to be his third wife??"

"Give me your uniform, you stupid human!!"

Juliet rubbed her eyes, as she recognized that she was sleeping in a coffin, and not in the comfort of her own bed.

To make matters even worse, there was a gray cat with electric blue flaming ears yelling at her about her uniform and taking it off.

"Damn shawty, take me out to dinner first...", the eighteen year-old joked, as she had deduced that she was in a dream right now.

"Hah? Don't be stupid. Give me your uniform, or else—"

"Oh great heavens! How is that you've already exited your coffin? And to think that you've brought a familiar. You know that familiars aren't allowed, right?", a strange man suddenly interrupted.

     "I AM NOT THAT HUMAN'S FAMILIAR! I'M GRIM, AND I'LL BE THE BEST MAGE ANYONE HAS EVER SEEN!", the cat proclaimed.

     Juliet stared at the two funky characters while still trying to gather her thoughts together.

     'Mage? Familiars? This dream's suddenly feeling a little too real...'

     "Human? How is it possible that a human's here? The black carriage has never mistakenly kidnapped a person without magic for 100 years. Well...yes, anyways, my students have all been selected by the Dark Mirror for their exceptional talent and potential", the man with a bird mask informed.

     "Magic? Is this a prank? This must be some weird college cult, right? Like honestly, where'd you even get the money to fund the animatronics for the talking weasel?", Juliet scoffed.

     "I'M NOT A WEASEL, YOU STUPID HUMAN!"

     Juliet knew Grim wasn't a weasel, but seeing him mad was somehow satisfying.

     "Prank? This is no prank of mine! I wish it was a prank, for I do not understand why you've been brought here, even though you're magic-less, and...a girl at that..."

     "Hey! What's wrong with being a girl?!"

     "Night Raven College is a prestigious four-year all-boys academy. The fact that you didn't even know about that...you must truly live under a rock", the dark-haired man insulted.