Punishment

Standing in line are 18 kids no older then 16. Beside me is 001 and infront is Dr. Martin Brenner. There are two extra guards then usual and one had a collar.
I look over to 001, he doesn't seem to know anything either.
Finally father spook, "Good morning children."
"Good morning papa."
All the children chime in on que. Not a single one later or earlier then the next.
"Todays lesson is gonna be about rules. For some of you this may seem redundant. For others it appears a refresher is required."
All of them are more on edge then usual, not sure what's going on. Not surprising, I don't even know what's happening.
"Last night a few of you got out of your rooms."
The same four that came to the rainbow room the night before seemed to hold their breaths. They control their fear well but they were still children.
"002 come forward."
As the boy just a few years younger then me steps forward my stomach drops. I know I threatened him with telling papa but, I didn't plan to actually do it. The only way father knew was if.... He let them out himself. How else would they have gotten out? But why would he-?
"What do you have to say?"
"Did she tell you that papa? Because she's lying!"
002 looks over to eleven. It was clear he was scared.
The guards latched the collar around his neck.
This isn't good.
"She's lying papa!!!"
He moans in pain. I couldn't help but flinch.
"You think just because you demonstrate some inkling of power that you can break the rules?"
"No papa."
002 head was down in same but it didn't last long. Father turned up the dial in his hand and he drops to the ground in pain. He was in agony and what could I do? A tear threatens to fall from my face but before it does he dismisses everyone as the guards take 002 away. I wanted to go after them but 001 takes my hand leading me away.
I wipe the falling tear with a hard swipe and face 001.
"What are you doing?" I ask.
"Taking you somewhere so you don't regret anything."
I let him pull me along. What other choice did I have?