A Chance Encounter

The sound reverberated from the walls of the room; Uenoyama glanced up from the fingerboard, taken aback by the sonority. Without thinking, he began to stare at the ginger-haired boy, who was totally engrossed by the swelling music. Uenoyama blushed, realizing he'd let his gaze rest upon Mafuyu a moment too long. Mafuyu suddenly smiled towards Uenoyama as they finished the piece. Mafuyu chuckled.

"I'm having fun playing music again," he said.

"Me too," Uenoyama replied.

"I'm kinda hungry, Uenoyama."

"Huh," he paused, "Did you not eat lunch?"

"No."

"Did you check the fridge?"

"Uenoyama."

"Yes?"

"Let's go on a date."

A DATE?????? *EXPLOSIONS* This was not the first time, but it would certainly not be the last time in which Uenoyama would experience a phenomena commonly referred to as "gay panic."

Uenoyama said nothing, he only stood there in utter confusion.

"Uenoyama?"

"Oh, sorry," Uenoyama stammers, clearly flustered at Mafuyu's request, "I would love to go on a date. With you, I mean. Yeah."

Shit, he thought. That was horrible!

Mafuyu was unfazed by Uenoyama's stammering. He had always found Uenoyama's awkwardness adorable. He smiled at his flustered boyfriend, who felt more at ease in the soft gaze of Mafuyu's amber eyes.

"Where did you want to go?" Uenoyama asked.

"I only have 2,000 yen..." Mafuyu replied.

"We can look for a cheap place around here," Uenoyama said.

"Okay," Mafuyu packed up his guitar and walked beside Uenoyama – gazing at him – as they left the studio.

The sun was falling over the edge of the horizon. Mafuyu and Uenoyama strolled along the concrete cladden streets – Mafuyu always just a step behind – in search of a meal. The lights of the city were awakening.

Suddenly, Uenoyama pulled Mafuyu aside as two people rapidly approached them on skateboards.

"Watch out!" Uenoyama shouted, clinging onto Mafuyu tightly. The two kids skidded to a halt.

"Ahhh, I'm sorry, my dude," the redhead said. The redhead's icy-haired counterpart walked up beside him.

"Sorry," the blue haired one said.

Mafuyu laid his hand on Uenoyama, "I'm fine now."

Uenoyama looked towards his hand, realizing that he had been clutching onto Mafuyu the whole time, quickly released him from his protective grip, and stood apart from him. The red haired one grabbed the blue haired one's hand, "You guys okay?"

"Yeah," replied Uenoyama, "just be more careful in the future."

"That's right, Lasagna," the red haired one teased.

"Stahhpppp! You know I hate it when you call me that, Reki."

"Awww, whatever sweetie."

Lasagna –– at this point –– was blushing so hard that his face matched Reki's ruby red hair, much to the silent amusement of Mafuyu and Uenoyama.

"I'm Uenoyama, and this is Mafuyu."

Mafuyu was staring off into the distance, not realizing he had been addressed.