Beach day

"We're going to the beach!"

"W-what?"

Loke was beaming at her, having just that moment summoned himself into the guild hall. He'd dropped in just to excitedly proclaim that, like it was already a foregone conclusion. He can say all the nonsense he wants, doesn't mean it makes sense!

"Yup! We need a break, a vacation where we don't have to think and can just relax. So the beach is the absolute best option!"

He smirked, victorious and slightly smug. She sighed, shaking her head. Really, his intentions were as clear as day.

"You just want to see me and Aries in bikinis"

He sputtered fantastically. Completely unintelligible as he fought with his own surprise at getting caught. She relaxed in her chair and watched him recover, she loved it when she was the one who could make him blush.

"I want you to relax!"

"And see me in a bikini"

She raised an eyebrow at him, staring him down. He held out for a moment before visibly deflating.

"And see you in a bikini"

She stood up from where she'd been sitting in the guild hall, to pat him on the head. He relaxed as he realised she wasn't angry at him. Rather, these kinds of antics just amused her now.

"As long as I can see you in nothing but swim shorts, we'll be fine"

He blinked, surprised for a moment, before smirking and leaning into her space.

"Why Lucy, do you want to check me out? I'm flattered"

"Loke, we're dating. I think it's clear that you're sexy to me"

He put his hands on his cheeks, acting like a lovestruck teenager. He shook his head side to side and he responded to her in an exaggerated lovey dovey tone.

"Awwww Lucy! You're flirting with me, how embarrassing"

"...I hope you know you're a moron"

He shot her a cheeky wink before posing triumphantly for her.

"As long as I'm your and Aries's idiot, then it's all ok"

"Actually, that's not a bad idea"

They both jumped at Erza's interruption. Ah, right, she'd been sitting with her team. She blushed slightly at the active flirting they'd been doing, she still wasn't quite used to this. She coughed and put some distance between them, much to his displeasure.

"What do you mean Erza?"

"It's time for a break, we all work too much. Let's all pack and go now"

Despite the ready agreement from the rest of her team, Loke pouted like an insolent child. Clearly not everyone agreed with her.

"This was supposed to be a day for just the three of us"

If he was being childish, no one seemed to think it was worth the energy to comment on it. She offered him a supportive smile, patting his shoulder.

"We can still have some private time Loke, it's not that big a loss"

He seemed to take her words to heart, pausing to earnestly think them over. If she was more aware, she'd have seen that as the giant red flag that it was. As it was, she was still a little bewildered about where this idea had come from in the first place. It was a lovely day, there wasn't a cloud in the sky, but still. To say 'Let's go to the beach' was a bit random.

"You're right, we can spend private time together"

He nodded to himself then, before she could even blink, he was behind her. He picked her up in one swift, easy motion, carrying her close to him. It wasn't as mortifying now that she could admit that her heart did soar when he carried her, but it still wasn't the best thing in the world for the entire guild to see her like this. She decided to play it strictly unamused and frowned at him.