Chapter 37: Going Back Home

The flight back to Sicemon was long, even in hyperspace. Flying in hyperspace meant a ten hour flight. Thankfully, the LAAT had a small bathroom.

It had been an hour and a half since their flight began, and Sid was asleep across from Faylin and Reno, who had been talking the whole time. Reno noticed Faylin start to get tired, her eyes drifting closed, and then snapping back open.

"You can go to sleep. I don't want to keep you up if you're tired."

"It's ok, Reno."

"Go to sleep."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

"I don't know how Sid is sleeping. It's not that comfortable."

"The war taught us to sleep anywhere. But yeah it's not comfortable."

Faylin leaned her head back and tried to sleep, getting no success.

"C'mere." Reno said.

Ayala and Bly stayed in the cockpit for 2 hours, making sure the ship was operating correctly, before walking back into the main hanger. The first thing they saw when they walked in was Sid sleeping on the floor, which was typical. Then, looking to the side, they discovered Faylin and Reno sleeping, but not against the wall like Sid. Faylin was sitting in Reno's lap and leaning against his chest, using his shoulder as a pillow. Faylin's head was tucked into Reno's neck, and Reno (who was also sleeping) was using her head as a pillow. 

"I'll be right back." Bly ran into the cockpit and grabbed his datapad. He quickly took a picture and sent it to a group chat with Sid and Reno.

"Someone would think they're a couple if they didn't know." Aayla said, slightly laughing.

"It's just like the time he got the picture of me carrying you back to your quarters after Maridun."

Aayla turned around suddenly. "What picture?"

"Haar'chak. Have I never told you about that?"

"No."

"Gimmie a minute." Bly scrolled through his datapad and pulled up the image of him carrying Aayla.

"Oh my gosh. I remember that. I asked you a question. And you-" Aayla pointed her finger at Bly and poked his chest "never answered me."

"I did, just not where you could hear it." He placed a soft kiss on the tip of her nose and smiled.

"Well then what was it?" Aayla's eyebrow rose, waiting for an answer.

"What do you think, cyar'ika?"

"Hmmmmmmmmm." Aayla pretended to think hard. "Master Yoda."

"Yes, of course it was Master Yoda." Bly laughed. "You're such a di'kut sometimes, love."

"Yeah, but I'm you're di'kut." Aayla smirked at Bly.

Bly hugged her, "You were the answer, Aayla. You always have been." He felt Aayla look up at him. He met her eyes.

"I love you." She smiled softly.

"I love you too."

A snicker came from where Reno was sitting. Along with a buzzing datapad in Bly's pocket.

"Reno- I swear to the kriffing force-" Bly started.

"I already sent it to both of you. No going back now." Reno said in defense from the corner of the room. "The scene would fit perfect in a holofilm."

"Let's go back to the cockpit." Aayla grabbed Bly's hand and dragged him away.

.oOo.

Aayla landed the LAAT on a grass less patch at the base of the mountain on Sicemon.

"Alright, we're home!" Bly said as he walked back into the small hanger.

Reno's head lifted off of Faylin's and her head lifted off of Reno's shoulder. Sid woke up quickly, immediately standing up and rubbing his eyes.
The door opened, revealing the gorgeous sunrise of Sicemon, the clear air, and calm breeze that came rippling across the meadow.

Aayla ran out of the ship and ran through the grass. "What? I missed it!" She said in defense as she walked up to Bly, who was laughing.

The group had all of the supplies up to everyone's house within a few hours, and everyone went their separate ways to unpack, or sleep.

"Aayla?"

"Yes, love?"

"Where are the power tools? I know I carried them up, I just don't know where I set them down."

"On my cool new tool belt." Aayla said as she walked out of their bedroom with a tool belt. "I just hung the new curtains." She had a proud smile.

Bly peeked into their room. "They look great, cyar'ika!"

"Thanks!"

The rest of the day was spent putting away and organizing what Bly and Aayla bought on Coruscant.

.oOo.

Hi readers! Sorry for the short chapter!