Chapter 38: Work in Progress

Aayla and Bly spent a whole two weeks of the summer working on the LAAT in attempt to make it a home-like ship, instead of war craft.

They started with the cockpit, buying and putting on new seats. They picked out two black leather seats, both of which had a brown leather stripe down the middle of the seat. The seats had two armrests each, and were reclinable.

Secondly, they worked on the bathroom. It was all made of durasteel, which was incredibly military grade. To replace the durasteel sink, Aayla and Bly bought a semi-durasteel sink with a granite basin. They tiled the walls, covering them in Herringbone tiles.

Their third job was to work on the main hanger. They decided to permanently weld one of the large side doors closed, but leave one able to open. The smaller door on the side would suffice. Aayla and Bly painted the inside a light shade of yellow, in tribute to the 327th. They changed the slots in the large doors to windows, making sure to use transparisteel that was made for space craft. Dhara had pitched in and had sewn yellow curtains for the windows that matched the color of 327th armor. Aayla's decision to hang fairy lights on the ceiling of the hanger overruled Bly's veto to the idea. Bly and Aayla had put in a couch in the back of the hanger. It took up the entire width of the hanger, but it fit the vibe of the room. The convenient part of the couch was that it could unfold into a queen size bed, which fit nicely in the hanger. Aayla placed a rug under the couch and in front of it, so that the floor would be able to sit on. Bly had added a small Dejarik table and booth on the other side of the room. A small cabinet was on the wall, containing some food, water bottles, medical supplies, and bed sheets for when the couch became a bed.

Bly and Aayla were both proud of how the LAAT turned out.

"Want to test it out?" Aayla asked while sitting on the couch in the LAAT, the door open and a slight breeze flowing into the room.

"Like, fly it?" Bly questioned.

"Go somewhere with it. Hyperspace. To another planet."

"Adventurous much?" Bly chuckled.

"What did you expect? I was constantly traveling as a padawan."

"Where would you want to go?"

"Maybe Ryloth?" Aayla said, but it was more of a question. "It's where I was born, but I've never actually been there- that I remember at least."

"We could do that."

"Or Kamino." Aayla offered.

"I'm going to veto that." Bly said immediately, not wanting to go back.

"Fair enough. Ahsoka mentioned Naboo, but that's really mainstream. I don't want to go to a busy planet. Just somewhere we can go and have some quiet."

"What about Simocadia?" Bly said after a minute of silence. "The war is over, we could fly in and just park on a mountain and camp in the LAAT for a few days. We could watch the sunrise every morning."

"I-" Aayla stopped.

"Or we don't need to. We could go somewhere else." Bly offered, pulling Aayla closer.

"No. That sounds nice. As long as we don't go undercover in the palace." Aayla smiled weakly.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Bly."

"When do you want to go?"

"Three days?" Aayla offered.

"Three days it is. We can stay there for three, or not. We could stop anywhere on the way there or back."

"Let's just plan on Simocadia for now." Aayla  looked up at Bly. "I'll tell Faylin tomorrow. And start packing."

"I'll tell the boys."

"I'm excited."

"Me too."

.oOo.

Once again, sorry for the short chapter. BUT the next few chapters will be REALLY good!!