024,

EPISODE THREEthe case of the missing lifeguard

EPISODE THREE
the case of the missing lifeguard.

AFTER THEY managed to calm eleven down, she explained about what she saw and where heather was now, so they eleven got onto the back of nova's bike, max had her own, and they biked to where she saw heather, in the storm.

"is this it?" max asked, eleven nodded slowly and they walked up to the door, eleven unlocking it with her powers before nova could even knock.

nova groaned noticing her light pink converse were now dirty, but the three girls walked into the house slowly, max stopped noticing a framed picture of heather and two adults. "this is her house."she realised.

"what?" eleven whispered.

"heathers house." nova whispered, hearing chatter and laughing coming from down the hall, they slowly made their way over, and saw the same two adults from the picture and billy sat at the table eating dinner.

they all looked up noticing the three girls and their faces dropped. "nova. max." billy said, slightly irritated.

"we didn't mean to...barge in. we tried to knock, but you must've not heard us over the storm." max spoke up as billy stared at them.

"i'm sorry, who is this dripping all over my living room right now?" the man, tom, spoke, annoyed.

billy chuckled, sitting back. "i'm sorry. janet, tom. this is my little sister nova, and her step sister, maxine." max tried not to wince at the comment.

he got up and janet immediately smiled, "oh!" kindly as tom's blank stare didn't change.

"what on earth are you two doing here?" billy walked over, forcing nova into a hug as nova attempted to move away, but his hold was too strong.

"is something wrong?" he asked in a threatening tone.

lwe just wanted to make sure everything was okay." max told him, noticing how uncomfortable nova looked.

"okay? why wouldn't it be okay?" billy frowned suspiciously.

"where is she?" eleven spoke, and nova winced as billy looked at her, his frown reappearing.

li'm sorry. where is who?" his threatening tone came back as he stared the girl down.

"well, they're a little burnt, i'm sorry—" heather walked in, before stopping noticing the girls and smiled falsely.

"heather! this is my sister, nova. this is maxine...and i'm sorry, i didn't not quite catch your name." billy introduced, before looking at eleven.

eleven looked up to meet his gaze. "el." she spoke as he smirked, nodding.

"el. now, what is it you wre saying, el? you were looking for somebody?" he asked, looking oblivious.

"i...i saw..." eleven began, looking at heather in confusion.

"we saw your manager at the pool. he said you guys didn't come in to work today, and my lovely big brother billy here hadn't been at home so we were really worried. it's not like billy to miss work." nova smiled falsely, patting his shoulder as billy looked down at her, only he would notice she was using morse code. "what are you up to?" she had communicated.

he simple looked at her as if to say, 'i'm not up to anything, what makes you think that?' she glared slightly at him and looked away from him as heather mumbled something, stuttering out an answer to her previous question.

"heather wasn't feeling so hot today, so we thought we'd take the day off to nurse her back to health." he grinned, turning back to heather. "but you're feeling just fine right now, aren't you, heather?"

"i'm feeling so much better." heather grinned, holding the tray of cookies out. "do you girls want a cookie? they're fresh out of the oven."

billy thought nova would most likely take one and was slightly concerned since she was never one to say no to food. it's not like he cared if she was poisoned, but she wasn't the one they were after today...yeah that's the reason.

but to his surprise, the girl shook her head in response. she was smarter than that. the three girls walked out of the house soon after, and billy watched them go with a distant look in his eye.

sorry for the short chapter<3

inspo for novas outfit:

without the bag :)