4

I stood waiting for Mr. Pheles to arrive to transport Rin, Yukio and I to True Cross Academy. I was ecstatic that Rin was also coming, but also a little worried. What will people think of him? He's always been a bit of a trouble maker.

I watched as the infamous pink limo pulled up quickly, almost hitting Rin in the process. I chuckled to myself as Rin started to yell at the limo.

I decided not to wait outside in the sun for much longer and I opened the car door, getting in and situating myself. As I watched my friends and Mr. Pheles talk, I sighed. "This is going to be a long school year..."

▪︎▪︎▪︎

I walked down the beautiful halls of the cram school, trying to find room 1106. I'm not as advanced as Yukio is, so I have to go through the motions still to become a full-fledged exorcist. Of course, I still know my stuff.

"Ah, here it is!"

I took a deep breath as I looked at the huge door, bracing myself to meet new people. I exhaled and reached forward, grabbing the door handle and pushing the door open.

There were 7 people sitting in the room, but my eyes were drawn to the three boys in the back corner. There was a short bald one, a pink haired one who was looking at me with heart eyes, and a fairly cute boy with two-toned hair and a bunch of piercings. The last boy made eye contact with me and immediately blushed, looking away. I grinned and made my way to sit directly in the middle of the classroom, since I didn't know anyone yet.

"Pssst! Hey!"

I turned around and saw the pink haired guy leaning over to talk to me. "Um, hi?" I questioned. "What's your name? I'm Renzo Shima, but you can call me anytime," he said, smirking. I chuckled a little and shook my head. "My name is Vivian Lloyd. Also, I have a boyfriend," I told him, smiling. Shima's shoulders dropped at the mention of my boyfriend. "What about you guys?"

"My name is Miwa Konekomaru, and this is our friend Ryuji Suguro, but we just call him Bon," the bald kid said, smiling at me. "It's nice to meet you guys."

All of a sudden, the door burst open, and in walks Rin. I tried to wave at him, but he didn't notice me and took a seat in the middle front table, a white dog sitting next to him. 'That dog looks an awful lot like Mr. Pheles..'

"Take your seats please, class will now begin." Yukio walked in the door, very confident. My jaw dropped a little. "Yukio?" I whispered, in shock.

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Yukio Okumura. I'll be your anti-demon pharmaceuticals instructor," Yukio said, a soft smile on his face. Rin jumped out of his seat, causing me to face-palm. "Yukio?!"

"Is something wrong?" Yukio asked, feigning obliviousness. "What do you mean?! What's wrong with you?!" Rin retaliated. "Nothing's wrong. Class is in session, so please be quiet." Rin turned to the dog and started talking to him.

"As you may have guessed, I'm a new instructor who's the same age as you. But with regards to exorcism, I'm two years ahead of you, so please address me as 'Mr. Okumura'." I knew that part, but I didn't know he'd be my teacher! "So, who here has never received a temptaint? Raise your hand." A couple of students raised their hands. "Our first lesson will cover the temptaint ritual."

I watched as Yukio explained that the classroom used to inhabit hobgoblins, which are a type of demon that somehow is so ugly that they're cute.

Rin shot out of his seat again and stormed up to Yukio. "Hey!" I sighed and hit my head against the table. Why does he always have to cause trouble? "Explain yourself!" Rin yelled. "We're in the middle of class, sit down." Yukio was very obviously getting pissed off. "Knock it off, Yukio!"

Yukio asked the class to step out in the hall for a moment. I followed behind everyone, and when I was right next to Rin and Yukio, I stopped. "Do you always have to cause trouble?" Before they had the chance to say anything, I walked out of the room, closing the door behind me.

"Tch, what is that guy's problem?!" Bon growled. I sighed and looked up at him. "Rin has... social issues. Get used to it, because this won't be the end of it," I muttered. "What? You know them?!" Shima asked me. I nodded. "They're my best friends. I grew up with them after their dad took me in as his own," I explained. "So, they're like your brothers?" Konekomaru questioned. I smiled a little bit and nodded. "I guess you could say that," I hummed.

The door to the classroom opened and Yukio welcomed back in. As we walked in, we noticed the classroom was beat to hell. "What the hell happened?" I asked, looking at my friends. Rin scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, a smile on his face. I then took notice of his fangs. 'That's right. He's the son of Satan...'

My mind flashed me back to when my father and grandfather died. The flames of Satan killed them. What about Rin? Is he the same as Satan? Is he after my family as well? No, if he was, I would have known it already.

Should I keep everything a secret? How should I feel about Rin?

Questions were racing around my head, giving me a headache. I glanced from Rin to Yukio, who also looked disturbed. Yukio must know too.

"Rin, we need to talk later."