Chapter 2

(Jack Kelly just has my heart

(Jack Kelly just has my heart. <3)

I kick the rocks beneath my feet hearing Jack and David talking. I was still worried about my brother. The things I said, I know it hurt him, and He probably doesn't want to talk to me for a while. My body jolted as I felt a hand on me. That's when I realized I had stopped walking.

"Y/n are you alright?" David stared down at me.

"Yeah I'm fine, just got lost in thought. What was you saying?" I picked the skin on my lips.

"I was wondering if you wanted to take Les home with me and Jack, he's about to fall asleep on us." He lightly smiled when I nodded.

"So where do you live?"

"Just a block down from here." He pointed to his building, "Hey Jack you need me to carry him, you don't have to." He offered.

"No I'm good. This kid snores really loud though." He joked.

Jack didn't seem as bad as everyone said he was. Yes he was very immature and dumb, but he's just a kid like all of us. David and Les were very sweet boys. I found myself very lucky to be around them. When I say that, I don't know if we are really friends. Maybe they feel bad for me? Jack and I followed David up the stairs of his place, meeting him at the door. 

"My God, what happened?!" What presumed to be David's mother ran to the door.

"Nothing mama he's just sleeping." David answered sweetly.

I watched his father stand to see what seemed to be a broken arm, "We've been waiting dinner for you. Where have you been?"

David's mother took Les from jack and smiled lightly at the two of us. The sound of coins hitting the table grabbed my attention, "You made all this selling newspapers?"

"Well half of it's Jack's." I rolled my eyes thinking of the agreement, "Uh, these are my selling partners, and uh friends, Jack and Y/n." He shut the door behind us.

"Hello." Mr. Jacobs shook both of our hands.

"Uh that's my sister Sarah." He pointed at the brunette who smiled greatly at Jack, of course he returned the favor making me roll my eyes.

"Honey maybe David's partners would like to join us for dinner. Why don't you add a little more water to the soup." His mother smiled, nodding in agreeance. 

----

"So from what I saw today, your boys are a couple of born newsies." He shuffled in his chair, "Can I have a little more?"

"Yes." Sarah smiled.

"Thanks. So with my experience and their hard work, I figure we can peddle one thousand a week."

"That many?" Mr. Jacobs asked confused.

"More if the headlines are good." Sarah sat the bowl back in front of him before taking a seat next to him.