Chapter 3

(Do I even have to explain how good he looks in this photo?)

"Y/n come on? Please?" David pleaded.

"I can't."

"Why? You scared of him?" Jack teased making me roll my eyes, "It's just Spot Collins. Even David is coming and he really is a wuss."

"What?" David scrunched his face in surprise and annoyance. I felt myself about to laugh but I kept a straight face.

"Nothing Dave." He rolled his eyes before entering the building with Les to talk to the big man.

My attention was brought to a man talking to Davey, "Hey, what is this strike? What's going on?"

David looked at me for a second before back at the man, "Uh, were bringing our demands to Pulitzer."

"What demands?"

"The Newsie's demands, were on strike."

The man looked at him in amaze, "Huh? I'm with the New York Sun. Bryan Denton." He held out his hand introducing himself, "You seem like the kid in charge, what's your name?"

"David and this is Y/n by the way." Denton looked at me nodding. 

"David, as in David and Goliath?" He joked, "You really think old man Pulitzer is going to listen to your demands?"

"He has to."

I jumped as Jack and Les were pushed out the doors yelling, "You tell Pulitzer he needs an appointment with me!" He stabbed his finger into his chest.

I put a hand on my head before rolling my eyes. Seriously. These boys are so dumb thinking this man is really going to listen to them.

----

"So this real snooty mug says to me, "You can't see Mr. Pulitzer. No one sees Mr. Pulitzer." Jack mocked the guy making faces. I feel as all I ever do around this boy is roll my eyes. I took another drink of the soup from the spoon, "Real hoity toity, you know the type?"

"Real hoity toity." Les said making me smile lightly, while shaking my head.

"So that's when I said to him "Listen, I ain't in the habit of transacting no business with office boys. Just tell him Jack Kelly's here to see him now".

"So that's when he threw us out." Les interfered again.

I looked at David and we shared a smile before laughing.

"Does it scare you?" Denton asked, "You're going against the most powerful man in New York City."

Jack grinned flipping his jacket, "Oh yeah, look at me I'm trembling."

Denton smiled at him before looking at all of us, "Alright keep me informed." He pulled his card out of his jacket handing it to David, "I wanna know everything that's going on."