ii. not even the cops can lock this up

CHAPTER TWO: NOT EVEN THE COPS CAN LOCK THIS UPalso known as: ( the weirdo on maple street )

also known as:
( the weirdo on maple street )

LIBERTY TRUMAN ANNOYED THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF HOPPER. It became a routine to see her turn up in his office for one thing or another at least once a week. Like throwing a rock through Tommy H's windshield after he revved his engine at her when she had hiked her skirt up just a wee bit too far - perhaps it was effective in shutting him up, but the cops seemed to disagree. After she'd torn up all the rose bushes on this lady's lawn after Liberty had overheard her talking poorly about her mother, the cops snatched Liberty up once more. After another few rounds of playing cat and mouse with the law, and she'd still not learned when to stop things from going too far, the cops began expecting her - almost ritually. 

Admittedly, Liberty Truman took things a little far. Sure, she'd done some fucked up things and sure, she'd even admit to them. But her habit of never knowing where the boundaries lay often skewed her sense between right and wrong.

At first, he figured she had some serious anger issues, but nowadays, it seemed that she just held a deep desire to get a stir out of him any chance she'd get (And bonus - she'd get excused from school anytime she was with him). Liberty would habitually plant herself in the chair, laughing about the latest crime she'd convicted, throwing her sunglasses down and snatching one of Hopper's loose cigarettes.

Liberty Truman was one of Hawkins' classic, stereotypical mean girls. She fit the description perfectly on the outside. Pretty, petty, and picky. But as she kept showing up at the Police Station, more and more, Hopper began learning more and more about her.

And to this day, even with her track record, not a single one of her ridiculous crimes had ever gone down on record - Hopper made sure of that.

So when Liberty had been pulled out of class for her vandalizing of school properties (her MEN AINT SHIT motto was now a trending topic) and handcuffed into the back of a police car, she almost breathed a sigh of relief.

"Liberty," he huffed, walking into his office late (as per usual), "I don't have time for this today."

She face forward, not turning toward him, as she closed her eyes behind her sunglasses, pursing her red painted lips. She slightly turned toward him, "You know, Hop - frankly, I don't either-"

He rolled his eyes at the teen before pudging over to his desk and desperately searching for another cigarette to occupy his mind.

"- I think it would just be easier for us both, seeing as you have . . . a lot to do," she eyed his unhealthy habits judgingly, "that I just leave."