Chapter twelve: Beloved being

After the incident with Basen, Cale was grounded and was not allowed to go outside their estate. The reason for this wasn't because of what he did to the instructor but to keep him safe and to regulate the power he has. Deruth was worried for Cale's safety. He was aware of his son's power as Jour had it too. What makes it dangerous is Cale hasn't learned how to control it properly and it always bursts from extreme emotions.

Cale, whose body and mind became the same as a child, couldn't properly control his emotions. During his first life, the power of wood manifests after reaching his adulthood. Now, his power was linked to his soul and could still use it after he went back. His small body couldn't keep up with his great power.

It was noon and Cale was scheduled to join his family to have lunch with them as he had missed eating breakfast with them. He suddenly recalled what his father said when he was summoned to his office earlier.

"Cale," he called. The redhead looked at him.

"Yes, dad?"

"I am sure you are aware of what you have done."

"Yes, dad. But I don't regret what I did," Cale said sternly.

"I know you would say that. I will be prohibiting you from going out until you reach age twelve. I am not punishing you because of what you did but I am worried. Your power seems unstable and we need to make sure it won't burst like that again. It will be dangerous to you," Deruth replied. Cale nodded. He understood why and he was mad at himself. Whenever he was engrossed with the records in his mind, his emotion control became a mess and it made his power explode.

"And do not worry, my dear, something like that won't happen again. I am sorry for failing you again," Deruth responded as he approached his son and caressed his cheek.

"I ... just hope it won't happen again. I don't want any of them to get hurt just because of some power struggles," Cale replied and leaned his head towards the palm on his cheek.

"You are a father, a husband, and a leader of a territory. I trust you, you at least know how to protect what is needed to protect," Cale continued. Deruth looked at him with a serious expression. He didn't expect his child to be this mature at his age. He wanted to cry as he felt it was his fault for pushing his beloved son into maturity.

"Yes, of course. I promise you it won't happen again," Deruth finally said after a long pause. He then brought Cale into his arms and embraced him.

"Promises are meant to be kept, dad. Don't you dare break it," Cale warned and let himself melt from the hug of his father whom he longed for such a long time.

Their luncheon was uneventful and they talked about trivial things. After that, Cale went to the greenhouse with books in his arms and Ron on his tail with a trolley filled with snacks and refreshments. When they arrived, he settled himself in the lounge area of the greenhouse. He began reading the books he brought and Ron excused himself after a while as he had some duties he needed to attend to.

After a few hours of reading, Cale drifted off to sleep. The red dragon, who was observing Cale, took him and they teleported to the golden dragon's lair.

.oOo.

A split second after the red dragon took Cale, Ron, who just finished doing his duties, went back to the greenhouse to look after Cale only to find out the red head was gone. The place where Cale was sitting earlier was in a mess, the books were scattered as well as the pillows and blanket. His expression turned cold and looked for the redhead in the greenhouse but to no avail. He immediately reported it to the Count after learning Cale wasn't in the greenhouse and inside the house.