Chapter one

Amy's Pov:

It was my first day of Highschool and I nervously got ready, truth is I'm terrified.
I haven't met any friends in middle school and only one in elementary, I'm almost certain highschool won't be any different.
I thought about how I was not ready for the change while brushing my long brown hair, I sighed looking at my phone "well- It looks like it's time to go."

The only advantage I have is, well not to flex, but I am smart. Very smart.
I could walk to school from my house so I sighed and put my messenger bag over my shoulder and began walking to the high school.
I hoped things would be different this year. I really did.

As I was walking down the halls I looked around feeling like everybody was whispering about me and rudely staring. They weren't, at least they probably weren't, but it surely felt that way.
It seemed I was too stuck in my thoughts to even pay attention to where I was walking because just then I bumped into somebody. I felt my face turn a bright red as I looked up embarrassed, the person I bumped into was well very beautiful. She had long blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes, I'm sure she was popular and I'm nothing.

"I'm so so so so sorry-!" I said apologising as much as I could hoping the girl would forgive me.
"Hey, it's okay!" She said "no need to apologise,"she began picking up her books while I stood there awkwardly blushing with embarrassment. At least I think it was embarrassment...
I then leaned down, "here, let me help," I offered and she smiled. "My names Penny," she said introducing herself happily. "Amy. I'm Amy," I said awkwardly.
"Nice to meet you Amy" she said smiling "What's your first class?" She asked "Maths, maths with Mr. Johnson." I replied and her eyes lit up "Oh, wow, me too" I excitingly picked up the last book and handed it to her. "N-No way! That's awesome! Well, uh, see you there Penny!" "Okay, see ya! Bye Amy!"
She waved at me and walked the other way as I excitingly smiled. Did I just make a friend?

I put my books into my locker and happily walked to Mr. Johnson's maths class.
I sat down at my desk and someone sat next to me putting her books down.
She looked over at me and smiled "hi," she said happily.
"Hi," I replied back, I was unsure if I should make conversation with her or not.
I mean I suppose I should because she is now the person sitting next to me but I'm sure my anxitey won't let me do that.
The girl twirled her blonde hair then looked over at me smiling again.
I awkwardly looked away before looking back at her "My name's Bernadette," she said happily "and you?" "O-Oh! I'm Amy" I said awkwardly.
Why was I like this? Can never make an introduction that sounds good.

"Okay class, listen up," Mr Johnson said "I'm Mr Johnson."
"brand new information," Bernadette jokingly whispered at me and I giggled.
"Girls," he said glaring at Bernadette and I, "Is there a problem over there?" "N-No sir," I said "no problem at all!" Bernadette replied.
"Alright then, as I was saying I'm-"
But just then Penny ran through the door "Ahhh, I'm so sorry that I'm late-" She apologised holding a cup of coffee in her hand.
"It's fine, now please take a seat-" Mr Johnson said.
Thankfully, Penny sat next to Bernadette. The two waved at each other and then smiled.
Penny waved at me too mouthing "hi," I mouthed it back as Mr Johnson passed at worksheets for us us do.
"Work on the first day of school?!? What is this-" Bernadette whispered to us. "Right!" Penny said. "Actually, I don't mind work." I said and the two looked at me like I've just killed somebody.
"What?!?" I shrugged "I don't."
Then we all laughed, Bernadette offered candy gummy worms under the desk and I accepted taking one happily.

I felt like I finally belonged.