The Sound Of Silence ~ queen ravenna

{the evil queen, Queen Ravenna}

Original Female Character: Lorelai.

With a second part, namely "A Token Of Our Young Love", a series of  love letters between Ravenna and Lorelai.

"... the castle walls -"

"I am perfectly aware of the ordeals occurring within my dominion, sir!"

"Oh, but you don't understand the extent, Your Majesty -"

A flick of my finger and he was silent. His lips sealed shut. His nostrils flaring. His eyes indignant. With a nod of instruction from me, the two guards flanking the man, took an iron grasp of his thin shoulders.

"You," I snarled, standing from my throne and ambling towards him like a lioness to her cornered prey. "Have no right, in this life nor the next, to imply any ignorance upon me. I did not ask for your taunting criticism nor your tactless advice. You are not part of the Queen's Hand," I growled with the end of my staff pressing hard into the toe of his shoe. His eyes began to widen in alarm.

"You were escorted into my castle, by my guards, to walk on my carpet, and you were to provide information only on the latest skirmish among the peasants that resulted in one of my finest horses' deaths! Yet, you come in and disrespect your queen so barbarically. How dare you?"

My gaze bore into his horrified eyes. My heart thumped in my ears. I could hear the blood gushing around my powerful body. I blinked and the man wheezed, tearing his stare from mine and mumbling a thousand apologies under his shallow breath.

I straightened my spine and resumed my seat on my throne; undisturbed.

"You are never to set foot inside this kingdom again. Fly with the ravens, rot with the wolves or dig your own grave," I called out to his trembling figure. "I shall have a kill order upon you within the hour."

"Your Majesty -"

"Ah! No - don't bother." I turned my head away from him, staring through a window to my right. "Out. Now!" I screeched, my voice pushing a forceful wave out my body like the ripple of a tsunami. The guards stumbled and hurried out, dragging the pitiful man with him.

I looked up at the ceiling with gritted teeth, clenching my hands over the arms of my throne. I need a drink.

Parties amongst nobility were for strategy. To thread out the weaklings. Frankly, in my eyes, the fact that they'd all abandoned their kingdoms to be here told me they were all subliminally weak. Only a few declined my invitation: King Henry V of the North, Queen Jacqueline of the Southfield Mountains and Gita the Great, Empress of the East. Them, I was now wary of. However, my alliance with King Henry remained strong. I wasn't expecting trouble from him; our kingdoms had been at peace for centuries.

Still, I enjoyed the rest's company. The Kingdoms' Unrest Feast was held in my castle once every turn of the season. Travelling between our territories was tedious and long even without the difficult terrain, so this provided us the opportunity to catch up and see how well our poker faces fared under pressure.