Skate Park

Getting her balance, Jamie settles her feet on the board before slowly tipping it forward to slide down the edge of the skate bowl. Around her, multiple others do the same and the sound of rolling wheels fills her ears.

Jamie has just stopped at the top of another ramp when an ever-growing familiar sound reaches her ears. Dropping her skateboard, Jamie turns and slides down into the ramp when she hears a loud cry.

"Don't move him, don't move him," Jamie rushes to tell the others around him and slides to the ground next to the young boy. "You alright, bud?" Whining, the kid shakes his head while Jamie looks him over. "I'm sure your arm hurts but how about your neck and back?"

"Arm," The boy gasps, and Jamie nods. It's bent at an odd angle, clearly broken.

"Okay, just lie still," Looking up, Jamie turns to the crowd. "Someone notify the lifeguards?"

"My friend went to get them," A girl steps forward to say and Jamie nods while holding the boy's head still. She doesn't know if he hit his head but if her training has taught her anything, it's to be super cautious of any possible spinal.

After waiting only a couple of minutes, Jesse and Deano arrive. "Didn't expect to see you here," The former says after joining her side. "Mouse's bad luck is rubbing off on you."

"Don't jinx it," Jamie groans. "Definitely got a broken arm, I didn't see if he hit his head, my back was turned."

"Alright, mate, can you tell me if you hit your head when you fell?"

"I didn't," The boy answers with a grimace.

"Where did you fall from?"

"I was coming down the wrap and my board just slipped out from under me," He tells them while looking over at his board. "I fell on my arm. It really hurts."

"I know, buddy, we're going to give you something for the pain in just a moment," Jesse motions for Deano to join them and the older man does so carefully with the aid bag. They offer the boy the green whistle while they wait for the paramedics.

When they arrive, they splint the kid's arm before carefully pulling him out of the skate pool and into the ambulance. Crossing his arms over his chest, Jesse watches the ambulance pull away as Jamie joins his side. He looks down at her. "Want to work the rest of my shift for me?"

"Pfft," Waving him off, Jamie turns to find her own board and the boys as Jesse laughs. "I will come back and say hello to everyone." She decides after making her way through the crowd back towards him. "Best drop this off anyway," She holds up the abandoned skateboard. "I'm sure he'll want it back."

"I didn't know you skated," Jesse says while taking the kid's board from her.

"You never asked," Jamie shrugs.

"You any good?"

"Better than you," She says confidently and Jesse snorts.

"Want to bet on that?" Jesse asks while setting the board onto the ground.

"What're you doing?"

"I'm sure he won't mind," Jesse shrugs before placing his foot on the board.

"Ah," Jamie hums and nods before dropping her own board and jumping onto it. She shouts a quick, "Race you," Over her shoulder and Jesse scrambles to follow. In the end, they reach the tower at the same time.

"And that's how people get hurt," Deano scolds. Jamie offers a sheepish apology before ducking past him and inside.