Chapter 2

Almost immediately, Law, Luffy, and Shachi were already on their way towards the elevator to the third floor.

Luffy was frantically picking up his bag while being followed after by Law and Shachi when they were just going out of the doctor's office towards Ace's hospital room.

He couldn't wait to see Ace awake again.

Luffy's mind was filled with thoughts about his older brother. Intrusive thoughts were also present in his mind – negative feelings and all. What if Ace couldn't walk after this? What if he doesn't want to see Luffy after the accident? What if he got amnesia like Sabo when they were little?

Those thoughts were interrupted by Law who was now holding Luffy by his hand while rubbing his thumb on the back of his hand.

Luffy thought Law must've felt his nervous heartbeat.

"Sorry, I'll stop." He apologized while Law shook his head in response.

"It's okay, don't be." Law replied. "It's normal."

When they arrived at the room, they all prepared themselves to enter the room with the right equipment with Law instructing Luffy to keep quiet for a while as to not disturb the other patients. The latter just nodded indefinitely.

Law opened the door to room 304 and saw a fair skinned tall nurse with short green hair and dark purple eyes, writing down on a paper on her clipboard that seems to have Ace's medical information. She was wearing the Heart Hospital's nurse's coat with her signature black top with a yellow star.

The person looked at the three when Law opened the door and shut it after they went in with the now conscious Ace.

She beamed. "Dr. Trafalgar, Shachi, and the little brother, hello." She greeted happily, looking at the three.

"Nurse Camie." Law greeted.

"The Patient is awake." She informed, looking at Ace who had his eyes slightly opened while looking at Luffy. "He woke up two minutes ago after I changed his IV drip."

"Thank you, Camie, we'll take it from here." Shachi did a small bow and smiled at the nurse.

Camie did a little curtesy bow while giving Law the clipboard before exiting the room, giving the three space for the patient on the hospital bed.

Law inspected the clipboard at hand.

It was very detailed to the bone. Ace's condition, his vitals, blood pressure and all of that. Law had Luffy explain what caused him to go unconscious and how the situation happened.

It was a car accident. A hit and run happened. He was informed by a colleague, too, who worked with Dr. Hiriluk that day of the emergency.

Good thing it wasn't anything bigger, or else.

Such shameless people not paying for the damages they caused. The driver could've killed his soulmate's brother and that doesn't sit well with him, knowing that Luffy's this affected much.

Law got pulled out of his thoughts when Luffy rushed to Ace's side as he held his brother's bandaged hand between his.

He didn't know what his soulmate felt at the moment. It was a mix of emotions. Relief, anxiety, happiness, guilt, and a lot more to count that he couldn't quite pinpoint the flutters of his soulmate's heartbeat.