Chap_2_Hurtful Words

LEN RIPPLE LTD

I just entered my company and saw that flora was waiting there for me at the entrance like every other day.

Hellen: Flora.

Flora: Good Morning Mam.

Hellen: Morning, can you read my schedule for the day out loud.

Flora: Yes Mam, for today you don't have any meetings that was scheduled Mam.

Hellen: anything else??

Flora: Yes Mam our lawyer Mr. Mathew has done his study on the contract.

Hellen: and...

Flora: he didn't find any error in it mam, he said it is worth signing it.

Hellen: ok then, schedule a meeting for me with Mathew.

Flora: ok Mam.

we were talking about my schedule while we were on the way to my office and the Elevator's door finally opened to my floor, I always hated wasting time, as I was about to enter my office Flora had to say something but I was already inside and I saw that my office wasn't empty.

Flora: mam I forgot to sa-

*I opened the door*

Flora: say that Mr. Asher has been waiting for you in the office.

Hellen: Excuse yourself out Flora.

Flora: sorry Mam.

I wasn't angry at Flora for forgetting his presence, but IN MY OFFICE that too all alone, thankfully I had implanted few hidden cameras, cause most of my important files are stored in my office.

What annoyed me the most was how he was seated, if anyone else saw this they would've thought he owned this place

He had hung his jacket on the chair and sat on it with his hands inside the pocket and he didn't stop there he dared to put one of his leg on the table near him. No denial he looked seductive.

*I slapped myself for having such thoughts. *

Asher: Hellen.

I didn't wait for him to start talking I went to my chair and sat there. Even he didn't wait for me to invite him to sit in the chairs opposite to me.

Hellen: what is it Asher??

Asher: I- I spo-ke to my-

Hellen: you are stuttering.

Asher: *breaths heavily* I will be fine.

Hellen: hmm.

Asher: I spoke to my lawyer, and they didn't find any error in the contract.

Hellen: therefore they are serious about it, they aren't playing any games.

Asher: yes, and I don't want to let go this opportunity.

Hellen: so??

Asher: obviously, I want you to work with us.

Hellen: pardon, I think I didn't hear you properly Asher, its more like us working together, not us working for you.

Asher: it means the same Hellen. *rolls eyes*

Hellen: call your lawyer here, so that we can discuss whether we have to insert any new rules in the contract for our advantage.

Asher: he is already out, waiting.

Hellen: *whispers to herself* oh wow at least one of them is well mannered to wait outside the office.

Asher: did you say something?? *smirks*

Hellen: My lawyer will be here soon too.

Asher: great.

I could feel my headache increasing as the time passes by, and I had to get some juice in my system as am not a fan of caffeine, so I stood up and left my office to get something  for myself from the cafeteria.

*even Asher followed me and caught on to my speed.*

Asher: I see you're taking me on a tour around your company.

Hellen: I wasn't going to.

Asher: but you will do it?

Hellen: follow me.

First we went to the cafeteria and grabbed something to drink for the both us, when we were done with drinking, we took our stroll in the office and I was showing him around.

I noticed how all the female workers were Gawking at him as if he was the last piece of meat that was left for them and the male population were Envious of Asher, who can blame them he had everything and it wasn't easy to pave the path, am sure he lost something or the other to get here.

and out of nowhere I could feel a new emotion was inducing within myself around him and I had this urge to snap at my employees for gawking at him for so long, and the reason was not so familiar to me, and I just convinced myself that I was pissed because they were distracted from working.

*after showing him around, we went back to my office waiting for my lawyer. *

Flora: Mam, Mr. Mathew is here.

Hellen: send him in.

Asher: oh and Flora.

Flora: yes Mr. Asher?

Asher: can you send my lawyer inside too.

Flora: yeah.

Can't believe even Flora fell for his charm, she was tomato red when she left the room.
What's with people Irking the shit out of me today.

it has been one of the longest meeting in my experience, we spent the entire day for going through the contract and created a new perfect one with the rules which would be at our advantage.

but we did take a small break in the middle, atleast they did unlike them I had to join a conference call.

Asher: this is it , we can take few copies of this original after its signed.

Hellen: and I will ask Flora to ask for an appointment with Liva tomorrow with us both, and she will be updating your assistant once the timing is fixed.

Asher: This is it then, I will get going Hellen, its good that we compromised.

*I didn't know what I was doing but I for sure being rational at the moment. *

Hellen: excuse me, can you all wait outside I have something to say to Mr. Asher??

Mathew: will see you tomorrow Hellen, I hope you enjoy the rest of the day.

Hellen: will do.

I saw the room being emptied, everyone left except him as I had asked for.

Asher: So?

Hellen: if you think that we will become acquaintance because of this project then you're wrong Asher.

Am sure he felt the anger in my voice with each words, I didn't hide how I despised working with him but it was only for the company. After all, if this project was great success it would be a huge advantage to me and also to my employees, they would have great demand from outside which can make their life too.

Asher: WE BOTH ARE ON THE SAME PAGE Hellen.

I should've been happy when I heard him say that right then why did I feel miserable after hearing him say that out aloud.