The Mirror

Alex and (Y/N) arrived at the party dressed to the nine in fine clothes, Alex stepped out of the carriage and saw his mother waiting for him and his wife. " Alex," she said with a warm smile, " Hello, mother," Alex replied as he embraced her with a warm hug before Alex straightened his dar blue jacket. he was dressed in his captain's uniform while (Y/N) was dressed in a beautiful bright blue dress. " I wish you ore that suit I gave you Alex," his mother said. " if it's good enough for the dowager empress of china then it's good enough for the ascots." Alex said as he links arms with (Y/N) and begins to lead her inside as his mother follows. " must you always be so headstrong?" she asked. " not it's just more fun that way." Alex replied making (Y/N) chuckle. 

as they walked in they saw people look at them in shock and disbelief that they were there. alex surged the look off and said " would you like to dance?" (Y/N) smiled brightly and said, " of course." Alex's mother was about to stop them but they were off as they danced the night away. but soon a man walked up and said " sir kingsleigh?" both Alex and (Y/N) stopped dancing s they turned to the man. " what are you doing here?" he asked. "I've come to give mt report to lord ascot," Alex said. the man nodded before leading them all to another room. 

they walked into the room where they saw Hamish, a woman holding a crying baby and Hamish's mother talking to guests. they all looked shocked as they saw Helen, Alex and (Y/N) walk up. " Hellen. what a surprise. " Hamish's mother said kindly with a fake smile. " Alex. well. welcome home. we were afraid you might never come back with our ship" Hamish said, Alex growled silently as he said, " my ship." (Y/N) placed her hand on her husband's chest, calming him down before saying, " hello, Hamish" " it's proper to refer to my husband as lord ascot. that is why we're having a little soiree after all." the woman said, (Y/N) raised her eyebrow at the woman, she didn't like that woman one big but had to put on a fake smile to hide it. " miss kingsleigh, this is my wife, Alexandria. the new lady ascot." Hamish said in a proud voice. " so, Hamish tell me you're husband travelled the world these past three years." the woman said. (Y/N) could feel her anger get to her, " he has come back to visit, he would never leave me alone without visiting and telling tell me his wonderful adventures. but yes, he's just returned." (Y/N) said. " well, then how was it?" Alexandria said to  Alex. " the world?" Alex asks in confusion. " yes" Alexandria said. " high enjoyable. you both should visit it sometime." Alex said making (Y/N) try not to laugh with the man behind them. " apologies for the intrusion, lord ascot... but I've come to give my report." Alex said. " of course. follow me, sir kingsleigh." Hamish said. alex could tell something was up but followed Hamish to another room where some men were waiting. 

" Gentlemen, might I introduce sir Alex kingsleigh. sir kingsleigh, the board." Hamish said as all the men nodded at Alex. " good evening, gentlemen. the world has opened to us, but we must move quickly. it is my belief that further expeeditions along the Wu river..." alex started but hamish stopped him, " I'm sorry Mr. kingsleigh. there will be no further expeditions." hamish said, " what?"alex said in anger, " now, there is a position in our clerking office, you will start in files.. but in time..." alex think for a moment before realizing why hamish was doing this, " this isn't about china, it's because (Y/N) turned you down when you asked her to marry you, but instead she married me." the board cleared their throats in a way of agreeing with alex. hamish looked at the board before turning to alex, " I am sorry. Mr kingsleigh. but this is all that we can do for you. no other company is in the business of hiring more clerks . let alone ship's captains." hamish said before he and the board started to laugh. alex took a breath in anger before grabbing hamish by the collar, making the board shocked. alex pulled hamish towards him and said with anger dripping from his lips, " you can't do this. i own 10% of the company. (Y/N)'s farther set those shares aside for me." hamish tried not to show his fear as he said," oh, correction. he gave them to your mother, who sold them to me a year ago, while you were gone. along with the bond on the house." alex lets go of hamish in shock, the look on his face was confusion," the house?" he asks. " the bond we will redeem against your ship." hamis  said as he straighten his jacket. " but that was mt farther's ship." alex argued. hamish nodded, " indeed. sigh over the vessel... and you will redeem the house. report to work Monday morning... and you will receive a salary and a pension." " and give the wonder? are you mad?!" alex said in anger and he clinched his fist, " otherwise, we cannot help you, or your family." alex then hears someone behind him, he turned to see his mother looking at him with sadness, but she could see the look of anger on his face. then (Y/N) walked up in worry, " alex, alex what's wrong?" she asks. alex didn't say anything before he walked off as both woman gave chase.