Forbidden (Lilith Ritter)

I wish you all a happy Pride month

And all lesbians a happy lesbian pride day
_____________________
You are in a large hall of a well-known hotel in New Orleans. The room fills up with more and more unknown people. Some of them you have already seen and most of them are so unknown to you. People who come to such "shows" just want to be fascinated or are looking for answers that living people could not give them. Everyone thinks it's real, at least that's what you think. But it is only psychology and pure manipulation. You just have to stand some of it. Stan taught you many of his tricks and you learned to use them. As always, you mingle with people to analyze some of the people. After all, you have to make a living at something. You liked life in the circus better with Zeena and all the others.

One woman in particular catches your eye. Not alone, of course. Her companions are two older gentlemen and a woman who seems to be the same age as the two gentlemen. She's one like any other, but still there's something indeterminate about her.

Your thoughts are stirred by the words of your partner and twin brother, Stanton Carlisle.

The time has come. The show is about to begin. You sense inside you.

"Dear ladies and dear gentlemen. I welcome you all to enter these halls today. Today the floodgates between death and life will be opened. Some will get the opportunity through me or my sister y/n. But before we get to that, let's first prove that we're telling the truth," Stan proudly announces.

A big applause resounds throughout the room. The floor shakes. Some of those present toast with their glasses filled with wine or champagne. Based on your research, you pick after and someone whose item was guessed by him without difficulty or further problems.

His conversations with the "dead" have never differed from the one in the Circus. He's just gotten a little better at it by now. You never wanted to be involved in his criminal activities, but your fear of him too great.
Then she comes without you having called her. She stands in front of you. You stare at her and admire her beautiful figure for a moment. The dim light makes her look like Katharine Hepburn in "The Philadelphia Story" as if she were Tracy truly before you. You've always had a weakness for beautiful women, especially middle-aged ones.

"Madame would you please pass me an object for Mister Stanton to recognize?" you ask her kindly.

She looks directly at you for a moment, but then turns her gaze to your hated brother and asks in a smoky commanding voice to Stanton as her:

"What is inside my bag?"

"What is where? What do you mean?" he replies, slightly confused, and turns to you.

You try to interrupt her and stop her from advancing further to Stanton. She largely ignores you, but once again speaks to you as well:

"Be quiet child! Let me ask the questions."

You remain quiet and look at her irritatedly while she moves away from you more and more and goes in the direction of your brother.

Your eyes eagerly follow the interactions between the strange blonde and the mentalist.

As she stands a few feet away from him, her purse firmly in her hand, she continues to talk:

"You say you're genuine and I say you use verbal signs of some sort to communicate between the two of you."

Quickly he answers while pulling off the dark black mask from his eyes:

"There are no tricks involved, madam. There's no deception whatsoever."

Boldly, she regards him and challenges him:

"Then answer me. What is inside the bag?"

"The usual's inside that bag. Lipstick, a handkerchief.", he begins to enumerate, but at the same time is interrupted by the mysterious woman: