Chapter Thirty

The hot water hitting my skin felt like bliss. I don't even remember when the last time I had a proper shower was. A long sigh escaped my lips as I let the water run down my body.

Once I finished my shower, I grabbed the towel that was hanging over the door and wrapped it around myself before stepping out of the bathroom. My eyes scanned the room, it was quiet and empty. The others probably finished up a while ago. I walked across the tiled floors to the benches that were up against the wall and grabbed the clothes that were left for me. A plain black t-shirt, a pair of light blue jeans and some black combat boots.

Once I was done changing, I stepped out of the bathroom making my way towards the other side of the room. Everyone was gathered at the table sitting in the middle of the room that was closer to the medic section.

"Sam, come sit, we have a lot to explain." Alec spoke up and I took the empty seat next to Krista.

"Now, I'd like to thank you all for coming. The more people joining the rebellion, the better chances we have in achieving our mission. Which we will explain in a minute." Alec explained. We all sat there quietly as we listened to Alec speak.

We all knew the Rebellion has been around for many years. Jill and her sister Linda began it. When Joe ran off, everyone was lost. But Joe began to explain everything from the beginning, the day he left with a group of people, leaving Jill, Linda and Noah behind to fend for themselves.

"As I said before." Joe spoke up and we all turned to look at him speak. "That year, 2064, when Jill and Linda began the first rebellion. We were struggling and I knew we were going to struggle, we were all young, around your age." He gestured to me, Ben and Krista.

"I had a back up plan, a plan that Jill and Linda weren't going to approve. It was to go undercover, infiltrate the city, hide amongst the people in the capital. That was when we found this place, it was an old bunker, well hidden from a war over 100 years ago. As time passed by, we gathered things that we would need, clothes, first aid, radios and other technological things we could gather at the time, things that we had no idea were going to disappear in a blink of an eye. And we were right, they were gone, after the government stopped us, well..most of us."

We all kept our eyes on him as he spoke.

"Alec, Dave, Henry and I, we decided we were going to end this once and for all, to kill the president, to not let it continue. But when Linda was captured around the year 2086, we had to make sure to keep things on the down low for a while. When Linda was captured, the rest of Jill's group scattered, some followed her, some stayed, some were killed on the spot. That's when we had to stay hidden. So my group and I went undercover, some worked at the prison, some at the White House. Some of the jobs were risky, like the guards, and some, well, those were the jobs that didn't get you noticed. We also tried to recruit more people as well, but it took many, many years."

"Anyways, as we stayed here in the capital, Jill started up another group, along with Noah, Ben and Krista and now you two." He gestured to me and Kyle. "I contacted Jill not too long ago, and told her why I left. The plan we had. The plan we've been trying to make happen once and for all."

It got quiet for a moment, just the sound of the heart monitors beeping.

"To kill the president."

"We could have killed him." Ben spoke up. "I had the perfect opportunity, I should have done it."

"No, you shouldn't have." Alec spoke up this time.

"It's not just the president we have to get rid of, it's the entire government. They all work for him, if any of them have some sort of power they could still continue enforcing the Regulations of Lawrence." Dave explained to us.