Chapter Ten

"You sure are photogenic," Ladybug sighs, staring at the newspaper, which has her and Chat on the front cover.

"I get that a lot," He boasts, earning a playful glare from Ladybug. It's true; he's a model after all.

He then leans his head on her shoulder, "But I can't beat your beauty, M'Lady."

There it is again, her heart skipping a beat because of him.

"You're a flirt, Chat Noir," She giggles, pushing his head away.

He feels shameless about flirting with her; he wishes he could just kiss her right there and then. He is so infatuated that he feels slightly crazy. He's worried that he'll get so distracted by his feelings that he'll mess up.

She then realises he isn't smiling, "Kitty?"

He turns his head to look at her, "You don't think we're going to fail one day, do you?"

Ladybug's jaw slightly drops, and she sighs, "Chat..."

They both have the same fear of completely messing up and letting Hawkmoth win. Paris is in their hands, and they're barely even adults. They both feel an incomparable responsibility that only they can understand.

"Sometimes, I feel like you're the only one who can understand me," He mumbles, "I just worry, like, what if we truly aren't cut out for this? We don't even know why we were chosen. Plagg explained that we will find out when the time is right, I guess. But don't you ever wonder?"

Ladybug gently places her hand on his head, letting him rest it on her shoulder again, "I know. Trust me, I know. I'm here, though; you're not alone on this. We're both learning, and I'm here for you through all of this mess. You know that, don't you?"

"Of course, M'Lady," He sighs in relief, "I'm glad I can always count on you."

"Maybe you could work on your punches though," She teases.

He plays along, "My punches?"

He throws a punch playfully, and she catches his fist in hers, "Oh, definitely."

He stands up, "Well, you could work on your kicks."

She laughs, getting up and attempting to kick him. They start to throw punches and kicks back and forth with some giggles in between.

Chat then trips mid-punch, falling into Ladybug who falls back into the wall behind her. He catches himself on the wall, his hand next to her head. Their faces are so close that their noses almost touch, and the pair both feel their cheeks heat up.

He needs to tell her how he feels, it's driving him insane. He can barely resist her.

He gulps, "M'Lady, I-"

"I have to go," She interrupts as she slips away from him, hiding her blushing face with her hand.

She can't keep getting into situations like that with him, she feels like she's about to fall of the edge-and fall for him.

--------------------

"Juleka, you look perfect," Rose whines, placing her hands gently on her face to calm her down.