Chapter Thirty-Six

^ Artemis's outfit

^ Artemis's outfit.

"Sorry, y'all. Had to get some blood work done." Star said as she came into Miss Carlotta's office.

"So, Gravity Media is going after a hot movie script. And they want y'all to write a song for the soundtrack ASAP.

"You need to tell him that this isn't a drive-through. You can't just order up a track." Alex told her.

"You saw what Kendrick did for TDE with Black Panther. Artemis is even on that soundtrack for the movie. This could be a good opportunity for Take 4. Or you individually. He wants to announce it this afternoon at the press junket. So, I need you to read the script and start writing." Miss Carlotta said as she dropped the script on the table.

"Now that we're all working together again, can we promise to respect each other's time?" Simone asked.

"I had a doctor's appointment. Look. Still got nothing to say, Simone?" Star said before showing Simone the sonogram of the baby.

"Aww look at the baby," Artemis said as she looked at the picture.

"What do you want me to say, Star?"

"Nothing."

"I just don't think you're ready to have nobody's baby. I mean, you get high off of the idea of being famous." Simone told her.

"That's all you got?"

"I mean, that baby's just gonna be messed up just like Mama messed us up."

"Simone... stop." Miss Carlotta said as Star's notifications kept going off.

"Star, what's wrong?" Miss Carlotta asked.

"Who outed me?" Star asked as she showed Miss Carlotta the article.

"Anybody who took a good look at your ass," Simone said smartly.

"Why would this be on Gravity Media's gossip site?" Star asked before leaving out.

"I'm-a kill that Ricky Ricardo-looking ass." Miss Carlotta said to herself before following Star.

........

Artemis: You see me
On a screen
So familiar, but you ain't
Seen a thing

"Simone," Alex said getting her attention.

Artemis: Want to know my history
Like it's tea...

"Star. Concentrate, please." Simone said as she looked at her.

"I am. "@/Stardavis just solidified her new role on Love & Hip Hop Atlanta." Here's a good one: "Star, 2018's biggest fail at securing the bag." Star said as she read the tweets.

"You know, you should just...really learn how to let it all go," Alex told her.

"Oh, that would be really easy if I were you. Both of y'all IG comments are full of people telling you how great you are. You're a plane crash survivor and a hero. Artemis you're a plane crash survivor, a hero, and you pregnant. I'm a pregnant whore." Star told them making the sisters roll their eyes.