The Fern Incident

This oneshot is about this event that has never been portrayed in the show (In the past when Tina and Gene were babies and Louise wasn't born yet)^^^

Bob's POV: It has been a quiet night. Tina is already asleep. Gene and I are watching TV, well, I am, Gene is playing on his keyboard while I read the subtitles of my movie. Lin is out with her best friend, Ginger, so it's just me and the kids. This is one of my favorite old western movies. Wait somethings different now, what is it? Oh, Gene stopped playing with his keyboard. Eh, probably just going to play with something else or wander to the fridge.  Okay its has been a while since I heard any noise from Gene I'm going to check on him now. I walk around the house, calling for Gene and I got no response whatsoever. Where is he? He can't get that far he's only a baby, one year old I might add. I finally find him at the bottom of the stairs next to one of Lin's ferns. I'm so confused, why is he just sitting in front of it. He slowly turns around and I am horrified by the fact that he's eating it. What if he gets sick? what if he dies and I'm just standing here watching him. I snap out of my daze and pick him up with trembling hands. "Okay that's enough greens for tonight, let's get you to bed." I tuck Gene into bed, check on Tina and climb into bed and wait for Linda to come home in two hours as I lie in bed and think about how my son might die by tomorrow morning. 

Linda's POV: "Bye Ginger, see ya in two weeks! I shout as she drives away from my apartment complex. I can't wait to see my Bobby and the kids. I walk in and put my coat away. Has someone been eating my fern? Whatever, it was most likely Gene and I'll just get a new one. I give Tina and Gene a kiss on their tiny tiny foreheads and jump in bed with Bobby. "Hi, my Bobby baby." He sighs before he answers me and now I'm a little worried. "Whats a matter Bobby? You seem worried." He turns to me and he looks a little sweaty and nervous. "I am, Lin, I really am. Gene ate your fern and I think he's gonna die." I play with his hair to relax him a bit but it's not really working. "He'll be fine, Bobby-" "Oh my god, he's gonna die and it's all my fault." he whisper yells. I try to console him but he's too far into his head so I just pull him closer and stroke his hair until he falls asleep. 

In The Morning~

Linda's POV: I wake up to Gene bouncing on top of me looking healthy as ever. He shouldn't be able to get out of his crib but, oh well, it's the only one we can afford. "Good morning, my beautiful boy~" I sing to him. I hesitate to wake Bobby up but decide to do so because of how worried he was about Gene. "Bobby! Bobby wake up and look who came to say good morning!" He grumbles a bit but then he had one of the biggest smiles I've ever seen him have. "You're alive! Thank god, you're alive Gene!" He screams and gives Gene to me and proceeds to collapse against the bed with relief. I lay on my stomach and watch Bobby take deep breathes of relief. Tina waddles in and sits next to Bobby and pokes his shirt. "See? I told you everything would be alright, baby." He looks up at me and chuckles "Yeah, you were right once again, babe."

The End! Hope you enjoyed this chapter, I wrote it to the best of my ability considering the lack of detail about this event. If you have any requests just comment them and I'll get around to it! Byeee.