01: A gunshot

CHARACTERS

TREVOR STINES asJASON BLOSSOM

TREVOR STINES as
JASON BLOSSOM

ALEXANDRA DADDARIO asROSÉ PHILLIPS

ROSÉ PHILLIPS

STORY

Our story is about a town

Our story is about a town. A small town. And the people who live in this town. From a distance, it presents itself like so many small towns all over the world. Safe. Decent. Innocent. Get closer, though, and you start to seeing the shadows underneath. The name of our town is Riverdale.

And our story begins, I guess...

...With what the Blossom twins did this summer.

On the fourth July, just after dawn Jason and Cheryl Blossom drove out to Sweetwater River. For an early morning boat ride.

"Are you scared, Jason?" Thunder crashed as Cheryl Blossom asked her twin, Jason Blossom.

The next thing we know that happened for sure, is that Dilton Doiley, who was leading Riverdale's boy scouts Troop on a bird-watching expedition, came upon Cheryl by the river's edge.

Jason.

Riverdale police dragged Sweetwater River for Jason's body... But never found it...

"If he's dead Hal, I hope in those last moments he suffered. May Jason Blossom burn in hell." Alice Cooper, the one and only Riverdale Register, reporter said with arrogance and hatred in her tone.

"He's missing." Another man said.

So, a week later... The Blossom family buried an empty casket... And Jason's death was ruled an accident as the story that Cheryl told made the rounds. That Cheryl dropped a glove in the water, and Jason reached down to get it. And accidently tipped the boat. And panicked. And drowned. As for uw  we're still talking about the 4th July tragedy... On the last day of summer, when a new mystery rolled into town.

I sat by my window in my cramped bedroom that is filled with both mine and my mother's belongings.
"Mom, I'm heading out for a bit." I yelled, hoping that my mother would hear me, as our house, well trailer, was small enough for her to hear. I hadn't got an answer back but I presumed she was passed out on the sofa with empty wine bottle and liquor bottles infront of her on the coffee table. I quickly scribbled down on a piece of paper in my naturally cursive writing. Heading out for a while. Dinner is in the fridge. Be back shortly. Was what I had written on the piece of paper. I opened my door as quietly as  possible. For once, I didn't have my South side Serpent jacket on, because I wanted to look nice for him...

I put the note on the fridge, magnets holding it in place. I smiled as I looked at the image on the magent, all of us, as a family... It was nice. I hope for all those people who exited to return. I need them to...

I smiled as I looked at me Mom and then walked out with my head hung low knowing that my mother was once sober.

An engine started and the honk of a car horn was loud and clearly very close to me. I looked up from the floor and saw a ginger girl with black sunglasses covering her eyes. Cheryl.. It was Cheryl Blossom. My best friend and my boyfriend's twin sister.
"Hi Cheryl!" I smiled a bright wide grin as I ran towards the red convertible.
"I'm going to drop you off somewhere, Rose." Cheryl said, her black sunglasses covering her once puffy eyes.
"Oh um okay Cheryl..." I replied, confused as I thought back to our plans. I smiled as I thought of the ginger haired Jason Blossom in his blue and yellow jock jacket. Wait...
"Don't you have to go to a wedding today?" My head snapped towards Cheryl. She hummed in response as she pushed her black shades up the bridge of her nose, more.

Minutes had passed, around half an hour and Cheryl had dropped me on the bridge across the Sweetwater River.
"Just walk over the bridge, turn right and walk through the forest until you're half way and you see the River. You'll know when your half way because of the huge rock." Cheryl explained as I nodded my head in response to all the incredibly significant directions. I memorised them, repeating them over and over so that I would not let Cheryl have the satisfaction of me calling her and telling her I was lost.

The day was July 11th. The surprise. I knew it. Me and Jason had planned this. 6am. 11th July. Sweetwater River. The other end of Fox Forest. Across the river. The echoing sound of a gunshot filled, running through the woods. Gunshot...

JASON.

I ran, hunting down the gunshot. I ran and ran, sprinting, repeating the same thing, over and over.
"No, it wasn't Jason. Jason is okay. Jason is fine. Jason is fine." I repeated, muttering to myself, over and over. I panicked. I stopped running through the woods, gasping for air.

I couldn't breathe.

I put my hands on my knees, putting pressure on the bottom of my legs before I began to vomit. An orange like liquid spewed out of my mouth, burning my throat.

After I finished vomiting, I wiped my lip and coughed, my throat burned and ached. My head ached as everything, the whole world began spinning before my eyes. My eyes fluttering shut, I began to feel like I was being lifted off the ground. The last thing I saw before passing out, my eyes entirely closing, the world leaving my vision so all I could see was black, before that all I saw was bright red haired boy, one very familiar, but before I could fully see the identity of the guy, the world went black.