Tempo ; Kai

ROSÉ

Ever since my father left my family for his mistress when I was a teenager, I swore to myself to never fall in love with men like him.

But ever since the guy I thought was so unlike my father cheated on me with my ex-bestfriend, I swore to myself to never fall in love again.

I believed that men were all the same.

But I think the universe has other plans for me.

"Yah! Will you do me a favor?" Hyeri barged in from the balcony of my room. I watched her walk towards my bed and plop down on its edge.

"What is it?" I asked as I put my arm over my forehead. One particular moment that makes me feel so embarassed and angry up until now suddenly flashed through my mind, causing me to scream internally in shame.

"Mom called me. And guess what?" She said. "She wants me to go this blind date she arranged without my permission. If I stand the guy up, she'll know because she already told him to inform her."

"Then why don't you just go? You've been staying here for three days already. Not that I'm complaining though." Three days ago, she arrived at the doorstep, telling me that she ran away temporarily from home because of her exasperation with her mother who keeps matching her with different guys.

"Yah, you know I don't like corny shit like this. I don't care if he turns out to be the hottest man in Korea. Besides, I already have my eyes on someone. Remember Junyeol?"

I frowned. "The gym instructor? Are you for real? He's like 30."

"So what? He's cute." She giggled like a kid before turning to me with a pout on her face.

"I want you to go to this blind date tonight for me."

"No!" I immediately refused.

"Why?" She whined.

"I want nothing to do with men."

"Please, just this once. And it's not like you're going to actually date him. You just have to show up at the restaurant and pretend that you're me. He won't know. He hasn't seen my face yet."

"I can't. I'm still stressed out with my situation." I heaved a deep sigh.

"What did you do anyway to have all your cards blocked?" She frowned. I let out a frustrated sigh before answering her.

"I spent.. a little too much."

She clicked her tongue. "I totally understand your parents." I rolled my eyes.

Four days ago, I went to the mall to go shopping again. Not knowing that my parents had already blocked all my cards, I confidently walked up to the counter to pay. The other female customer who kept eyeing the clothes I took was standing in line behind me. I was so angry and humiliated when a lot of people witnessed that I couldn't pay because all my cards are blocked. In the end, the clothes ended up in that female customer's hands.

"Anyway, please, go to the date for me, will you? You love me, right?"

"I do love you, Eonnie, but I—" I didn't get to finish because she cut me off while showing me several cards inserted between her index and middle finger.

"Choose. I'll let you borrow mine." She stated with a serious face. Immediately, I sat bolt upright and took one.

"You're the best!"